Register

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd stay away from the mars box. I have bought one of them but will be sending it back It has a single core 1.2ghz processor which in 2015 is pathetic. Also although it lists 2 Mali 400 gpus there is no hardware decoding support in xbmc so the is no chance of it playing 1080p films at all. The cccam is great but so laggy. if you try using the epg whilst watching a channel it will freeze and take about 60 seconds to load. There is another similar box called the videostrong k1 this has 2gb ram an allwinner s805 quad core and the Mali 450 octocore cpu. This box is a beast although it's cpu only runs at 1.5ghz if you just want an android tv box the mx3 has the s812 processor which us a 2ghz quad core.
    if you really want to spend out though you can now get a box with the allwinner a31 octocore cpu with a powervr 64 core Gpu. If they can put a softcam dvb-s2 tuner in it port tv headend to it and get it to play halo I'd probably stuff my wife off and marry the box.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whatwentwrong81 For This Useful Post:

teerak2uk (26th May, 2015), tony34567 (27th May, 2015)