Cross EPG with latest Open PLi
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Cross EPG with latest Open PLi

Hi All,

Having problems, like many others, running cross EPG with the latest Open PLi on my 800e.

I would like to remove all traces of Cross EPG and start again with something that works.

Where and what do i need to delete please?

and secondly, any thoughts on a good EPG to use?

Regards

Dogs

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

What problems are you having?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the reply.
    When i tried to download i got the dreaded GREEN Screen, so i have flashed the Open PLi image again and cleared out CrossEPG.
    When i did manage to get it to run the open TV would run for a few seconds and that was all and most of the channels had no info on them.
    I am not sure what is needed with Open PLi as my last image DreamboxUK ran fine.
    My box is a genuine 800se running with the latest PLi image.
    An idiots guide to a working EPG for the image mentioned would be great.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Best to ditch crossEPG as it will always give some issues you can do without.
    I assume you are looking for UK EPG?
    Go into your plugins and press the green button scroll down to extentions then find XMLEPGimport hit ok and then yes to install (you may also need to install xmlsources)
    restart enigma and open the plugin, enable it and set to start on booting up press green to save.
    open the plugin again press blue/sources scroll down to Rytec UK XMLTV press ok then press green to save. then press yellow/manual
    wait for 30 secs or so and you will then see the download start, normally 90,000 events will be found.
    800se will take around 4/5mins and your done, you can watch tv whilst the epg is loading.
    I have used it without any issues for 2 years now. I also use it on my sr4 now sly and cable without any issues.

good luck 003

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 00360362878 For This Useful Post:

Dogsbowlucks (5th September, 2014), westkill (12th March, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI, I'm in the middle of the same issue with crossEPG on DM800HDse sim a8P running OpenPli image. I've tried downloading a couple of other EPGs - Graphical EPG and CoolTV for example but no joy. very few channels with any info.

SO to run these EPGs, can you hve them installed side by side or do you need to remove and only have one installed at a time.?

Also I have just added an internal HDD which is initialise/working fine. Do I need to do anything to set the downloads to HDD or will everything just work if I follow your steps above - only asking as I think may image is filling nearly all flash so prob dont have room if EPG data is trying to be saved there?

Thanks for the help I'll try the steps above and see how I get on - apologies as I dont reallly understand how these plugins/EPG's work, just needing a basic guide to kjeep the missus off my back ;-) If you could recommend a good image/backup of one that has EPG alerady (with ) for UK based setup I'm happy to download and flash it..

Cheers
    Last edited by digicon; 25th September, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use the Merlin3 image on DM800SE + A8P and CrossEPG works normally with UK chans.