Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Skybox F5s wifi adapter

do we need to install the wifi driver into skybox in order to use the wifi adapter ? if so , how do we install ? or just plug in the usb ?
    i saw a video that we needed to flash the wifi driver into skybox in order to use the adapter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2buElLvFNk
    my usb wifi adapter is dlink dwa-123
    Last edited by chugeliang; 27th August, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

The YouTube clip is for an older m3/f3. The f5s from release has the WiFi driver installed for compatible WiFi devices.

So plug the adaptor in and see if its compatible, if it isn't then there's not much that can be done as the f5s has a closed firmware which can't me modiffied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tThanks for the clarification. Is there any way to know the compatible wifi devices for skybox F5s ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything with a Ralink RT5370 Chipset should work.

Mini 150M USB WiFi Wireless LAN 802.11 n/g/b Adapter with Antenna: http://amzn.to/1qALZXi

Worth a try at that price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by outrage_uk View Post
    Anything with a Ralink RT5370 Chipset should work.

Mini 150M USB WiFi Wireless LAN 802.11 n/g/b Adapter with Antenna: Mini 150M USB WiFi Wireless LAN 802.11 n/g/b Adapter with Antenna: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Worth a try at that price

Dont bother they don't work I tried on mobile networks and on home wifi but they always timed out get one of those home plugs or a router extender from eBay for ?10.99 far better and save u money it's not the adapter it's the box. Google it send u will see lots of problems with it.