Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face Suggest a Linux box around ?100

Hello, My slybox F3 packed up. Looking for something more adventurous around ?100 mark.

Have been trying to read up on these enigma2/Linux (I am guessing they are the same thing) boxes, still donno a lot about them but seems they have more functions compared to a simple openbox/slybox.

Can you pls suggest some that are not very complicated
    Would like to have a double tuner but not essential
    Something that can handle plugins like XBMC (or similar)
    7 day epg would be nice to have
    Any other cool features that I dont have the foggiest about..yet..

It would be great if you can recommend any genuine sellers with resonable prices....

Thanks a lot
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

you can just about get an enigma 2 box in your price range of ?100 such as the amiko alien like this
    Amiko Alien SHD 8900 Dual Boot Linux BOX With Open ATV ENIGMA2 Loaded Spark | eBay

there are also vu+ plus solo clones . you can also buy quality second hand boxes on ebay .

a dual tuner may not be within your budget . enigma 2 boxes usually come with a now and next epg as standard but heres a box that comes with a 7 day epg and its loaded with pli image , and its in your price range .
    NEW Cloud Ibox 2 Plus HD TV Receiver With Linux Enigma 2 Iptv 7 DAY EPG Openpli | eBay
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piopat View Post
    you can just about get an enigma 2 box in your price range of ?100 such as the amiko alien like this
    Amiko Alien SHD 8900 Dual Boot Linux BOX With Open ATV ENIGMA2 Loaded Spark | eBay

there are also vu+ plus solo clones . you can also buy quality second hand boxes on ebay .

a dual tuner may not be within your budget . enigma 2 boxes usually come with a now and next epg as standard but heres a box that comes with a 7 day epg and its loaded with pli image , and its in your price range .
    NEW Cloud Ibox 2 Plus HD TV Receiver With Linux Enigma 2 Iptv 7 DAY EPG Openpli | eBay
    Thanks for your reply Piopat

Have been researching these boxes but which one will you recommend out of the three you mentoned. I am a bit sceptical buying used Vu due to lack of any warranty.
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

hi well n my experience VUs even second hand are pretty rock solid , but I can understand your concerns . I would say the cloud iox 2 comes closest to what you are looking for , and its enigma 2 the same as a vu so it would be all but the same as a vu .
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.