DM500s help
Register

Thread: DM500s help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500s help

Am new to DM's so please make allowances. I was given a DM500s so all the reading I could and loaded a c line. It worked fine except the channel list was years old. I put in latest bouquets from here, 28.2, 19, 13 etc. Problem is FTA are fine but when I go to encrypted channel there is nothing, it says no data. The signal is very good and a scan finds the channel but still nothing. I am surely missing something simple but I cannot see it.c Help!!!!!!!!
    Has the broadcaster blocked the channels. Is there something missing on my part. I'm using cccam214. Like I said it worked b4 the new channel list was put in.
    Last edited by bigstevecat; 12th September, 2014 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

bouquets have nothing to do with cams etc so your adding the bouquet should really have no effect there . you say you have all the free to air channels displaying and working so you probably have a network problem . check that your box is connecting to the net , see if you can access the addons menu on the box , if you cant then the box is not connecting . check your router , it should have an Ethernet indicator light on it indicating that a device (your box ) is connected to it , no light means the router isn't seeing the box . if you have no light disconnect the Ethernet cable from box and router ,power off box and router , then reconnect the Ethernet cable to both devices and power on the box , once the box has booted up power on the router , once its booted up all being well you should see an Ethernet light on the router if so your box is connecting to the net . if theres still no light on the router go to the box menu and go to communication settings and see if the box has an ip address . I cant really say any more than that as I don't want to break any forum rules .
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The internet connection is fine. I have reloaded the old bouquet and channels several times and it always works on every channel. Soon as I load the new channels it only works on FTA. If I go to a scrambled channel the signal is there but it say no data available for this channel. I'm wondering if the channel list is faulty so am looking for a new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi! i have a receiver kopernikus and i want to flash it but i dont how. can anyone help me. the receiver have paswword and i cant connect whith ftpkopernikus.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

yes something may be wrong with the channel list download one from another source . or alternatively you can make your own with dreambox edit .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

enxhim that looks like a dm500s in the picture (the s being for satellite ) if so have you tried the default password ? which is dreambox . probably the best thing too do if you don't know the password is to reflash the box , for that you will need a null modem cable / dreamup / and the image of your choice . the null modem cable connects the box direct to your computer , you may also need a usb to serial adaptor which connects to the null modem cable and also attaches to the usb slot on your computer , dreamup is a program (a loader ) that sends the image into the box , the image is the name for the tv software .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to piopat For This Useful Post:

enxhim (14th September, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you piopat. maybe i have problems whith my com port on pc. i connect the box whith rs232 cable in my pc, but dreamup dont have connection whith my box. i need a loader for this type of box kopernikus multimedia dm500s. dream up not work
    Last edited by enxhim; 14th September, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

what version of dreamup did you use ? , use older versions that are better suited to these boxes , look in downloads .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piopat View Post
    what version of dreamup did you use ? , use older versions that are better suited to these boxes , look in downloads .
    I have tried several versions of dreamup, does not work. the cable rs232 works very well, because i tried to another dream box, but on this box Kopernikus does not work. I dont know what to do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enxhim View Post
    I have tried several versions of dreamup, does not work. the cable rs232 works very well, because i tried to another dream box, but on this box Kopernikus does not work. I dont know what to do
    Take the lid off check that the com port is plugged into the mainboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

best to try psats advice as it seems your com port (rs232 port ) is not working . if you cant use the rs232 port the only other way to flash is via ftp but you say you havent got the ftp password , but the default user name and password may work so you could try them .
    username = root
    password = dreambox

that said some images dont use the default password (dreambox ) the password may be the name of the image . your in a bit of a catch 22 situation you cant use ftp as you have no password and you cant reflash as the rs232 connection isnt working . can you access the addons menu ? if so you may see either tuxbox or tuxcom listed , if you see either of those listed install it , you can use that to remove the current password so that you can then use ftp , its worth a try .