dm500v8 help
Register

Thread: dm500v8 help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default dm500v8 help

well just been given the box and just haveing a play around with it all my work as been done on the skyboxes openboxes etc which i no inside out and thats due to help and the the stickys in ere which thanks again for that.the software which is running at the mo is 1.9.05.05 2013 now basically what i am asking is do these need updateing as in software and channel lists only by the null modem cabel and wot is the basics that i need i have done a sat scan and everything is ok as in picture and sat strength so any1 who as used this box and i no its a old box but it does its job for what the person needs it for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

have good read through the other 500 sections.

ENIGMA1 Chat

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

As the Dreambox is open source, there are a few teams around that produce firmware (OpenPLI, Commando etc.). Which name appears on the splash screen when the box boots up?

My favourite firmware is Commando 15.

You can use a program called Dreambox Control Centre (DCC) to flash it, and to FTP "various things" to it over the network.

There is also a program called Dreamup, which flashes the box by serial cable.

Unlike the skybox/openboxes, Commando will arrange the favourites for you automatically. It's not always 100% correct, but the dreamboxes also have a comprehensive web interface, including a bouquet editor, that makes arranging your bouquets a doddle.

You don't even need to do a conventional channel scan. Just enter your location (to get the right regions) & let Commando do the rest.

I've not long been using Commando myself, so not sure if the channel list auto-updates when there is a frequency change, although it does everything else, apart from making you a cup of tea in the mornings, so I'm sure it does!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

thanks psats and hadron.