DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Porsche Cayenne Kessy 2004

Hi,

I purchased my Tango recently but been having issues with it,

Tried to do this car, wrote the new file back but remote and transponder don't start the car.. Now I have a locked transponder which doesn't start the car, I tried to code the key into the car but didnt manage to bridge fuses 26 & 36, because 26 doesn't have a fuse nor the connection to put a fuse in, PLUS tango says it will start the car anyway.

After writing file to eeprom, I read file again, load file into Tango it says 3 keys programmer, Click explore it finds my key and gives me my key position.

Also tried EFFI software but wouldn't allow me to precode due to transponder is locked.

attached is new dump and old dump.

Transponder data: ID 783A0C21 MODE: LOCKED TRANSPONDER PCF7946

Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sparkz02; 11th November, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

sorry, cannot help but i can tell you, if the car has no position in the fuse, i don't think you have the right fuse.

try jumping fuses until the cluster turns on. i think that is the goal. but there are some people on here that know this car much better than me.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Thanks either way.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Can anyone tell me what's the pre code bytes? So I can try unlock this key using vvdi, don't think vvdi is giving out the correct bytes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yes vvdi can unlock pcf7946 if you know correct cs code and pin code

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts

Carprog can decrypt your dump. See picture in attachment. You need SK low and high:

SK low: 9F3BB9F1
    SK high: F7AF

Maybe this is enough to unlock your key?

Good luck.

Greetings MR...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brobble; 13th November, 2014 at 08:56 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Pin = 01345
    CS = F2 9D 3B B9 F1 F7 AF

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

It's been a while since this thread was created but I'm curious what was the problem sparkz? In other threads I found you saying Tango works very good with Cayenne. I can't clone key for Cayenne 2004 and customer really want to have spare key and it's OK if this would be remoteless key. After all struggles with cloning I thought about making the key from KESSY module but actually from beginning I did not even take it under my radar because this is 1st Porsche which came to me and yeah, in module there is standard eeprom chip but it's always a risk... No matter that I never damaged any kind of chip but it's Porsche and I'd rather not do eeprom in case of spare key here. If this was lost key situation then other story.

But do you remember what was the problem? And Tango program only transponder or remote fucntion work also? I see keys are available from china now.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

It's hard to mess it up. Simple job, I was always using tango never had problem. Remote worked also.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EMCE159 For This Useful Post:

p1et (12th December, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    279 Posts

Read 6 bytes from ECU, 7th byte from key, make dealer key and program to car. Remote adapt during key learning.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Hi Guys !

I have a 2003 Porsche cayenne 955 US spec, with dead remote.

One day car turn off the dash, but engine still worked. They turned it off by taking some fuse out. Long story short, there was an oil leak from gear's wire loom in to TCM and other ecu , that are located under the right seat ? Both were cover by the gear oil. And there was info on the dash - Key not recognized.

Guy took it to other shop. In the end they changed kessy module to used one, programm new 7936 and one remote fob.

Do not know if this was nessesery or not. The problem is that, remote doesn't work after they work on the car. Before was working fine.

I've got pin code and CS from ecu and by VCDS - I've programmed remote key again to the kessy - No joy. Car can start, but no remote function.

BTW. To talk to the cayenne by VCDS , make a "bridge" between pin 15 and 3 in VCDS. Cayenne has k Line on pin 7 and 3 and all vags on pin 7 and some old models pin 15. Then you can talk to car like it's a Touareg there are some differences, but You can add key with no problemo !

Car is without proximity system. Normal remote to operate locks and to start the engine by turn the ignition.

In 46 channel in VCDS - there is a "remote check" if the system is seeing the pushed buttons on the remote - car can't sense any buttons pushing.

Remote is working fine, i mean, is sending signals - 315mhz - checked by mini key tool.

From what i can see, they open the upper boot panels - i am assuming they wanted to check remote antena ?
    By VIN its :

Door and tailgate/trunk lid lockingmechanism
    4K0
    Central-locking system with key remote andinterior operation

Carrier frequency for remote control
    5D2
    Carrier frequency 315 MHz

So no Entry & Drive system here. Doors handles are normal.

The main question is - Is there need to be any special precoding of ID46 chip/ key before programming ? Or it's need to be simply precoded by VAG ID46 ?
    as for cars up to 2007 year model - as far as i know there no need to precode the key by CS ? Is it right ?

Will take out the kessy to read immo chip, and make new xhorse key to check if it will work, but what about precoding ?

Any idea welcome.

Best Regards Oktawian

EDIT

Just opened key fob - its for keyless version, will get xhorse remotes to make new fob and will try to programm it.

Will let You know.
    Last edited by Oktawian; 20th July, 2022 at 02:30 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Made xhorse remotes yesterday, but still no joy. The config of 7946 was wrong, due to fact keys were not programmed. I am guessing they need to be precoded but not by CS., but by kessy dump. Put into 7946 manually crypto low and high from kessy , but it needs something more i guess.

I've Read kessy dump, precoeded 2 remotes again : one by hitag 3.1 and one by teg tool fvdi. but not sure if remotes will be working fine. Will check it today.

This is kessy data, any help guys - how to use it to precode 7946 ? It's the first time when i am doing kessy remote, before only 7936 and those were fine.

Thanks in advence

Regards Oktawian
    Last edited by Oktawian; 23rd July, 2022 at 09:49 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

For other people who will be struggling Key matching with vcds.

Here is explanation of VCDS to : 022, 023 and 024 blocks in 05 kessy / 25 immo in Cayenne 955 and maybe others to. Nie - means NO, Tak - means YES.

If we want to be sure that new key will be programmed correctly block 022 position 3 - YES, block 023 position 1 nad 2 - YES. Then the key will be programmed for sure.

Here are some pictures of no key in ignition and key that was programmed before. Took it from MHHauto @youngElectronic User, start procedure and ECU responding is NO due to his problem with EZS and ECU. Normally if the key is fine and is programmed everywhere will be YES.

3th picture is a one key from cayenne that i am doing , in this case 7936 chip that is not programmed yet to the car, but will programm for sure.

Regards
    Last edited by Oktawian; 23rd July, 2022 at 11:22 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Today had some time to go back to cayenne.

So, it was my lack of knowledge. Xhorse remote were properly genereted. No need of extra coding by CS or kessy's dump. Simply make remote and add it by immo pin.
    I believe, this stick with cars up to 2007 year model.
    My mistake was to not wait 5 minutes after last key was put into ignition and turned on. That's why had all the time immo active.

Long story short, remotes do not work, BUT ! Last shop - they messed up the kessy - I am guessing "new" kessy was with diffrent part number , to make it kind of "working" , they soldered from old kessy - keys eeprom and one NEC processor. Normally no need to do that, simply new/old immo pin matching by vcds will do, or we can copy eeprom as well, but no need to solder any of the processors if the part numbers match. They even took part number sticker from "new" kessy. After checking them both by vcds, old and new kessy - soft version doesn't match, that's why remotes could not work. You can start car with xhorse remotes, but no remote function. Same story for remotes that the last shop made.

Guy payd them bag of cash for the job... .
    Waiting for owner to decide what to do,in my opinion - programm "new" used kessy by pin and add keys.
    I know that this is 30 minutes job for "old Hand" , but to find out what is going on from the scratch, it's time consuming.

Regards Oktawian
    Last edited by Oktawian; 25th July, 2022 at 12:12 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Desolder eeprom and NEC mcu from "new" kessy and solder it back to the old one. Now remotes are working, but kessy is not powering up ignition lock/ key reader. So we can't start the car.

00166 - Access/Start Authorization Switch (E415) 012 electrical fault in circuit

So now, we are back to the main issue that was with the car - broken old kessy. Will try to find out why kessy is not powering up ignition switch, if not, will programm another used kessy to the car.

Lesson for other -do not mess up with kessy eeprom / mcu. its way better to get login from new and used kessy , and then programm it by obd2 - vcds.

Will let you know, if will fix old kessy.

Regards
    Last edited by Oktawian; 2nd August, 2022 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast