I killed my DM500s HELP!!!
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I killed my DM500s HELP!!!

Hi gents,

I dediced to play with my old DM500s changing and trying images (via FlashWizard), and after th third one I think it was an OpenPli one, It got stuck at 84% for about 10 mins.
    I decided to turn off the PC as It was getting late and today after I turned it on, there is nothing. The box is not responding and no signal to the TV.
    It is turned on (green light on) but no response from remote or the button.
    I guess I killed it so I want to ask if there is a way to be sure and is there going back or I can throw is in the can?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to psats For This Useful Post:

raperot (14th November, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

if its got a green light on chances are good that its nor dead . you say you changed image 3 times did you erase the old image before flashing the new one ? . if not you have filled the flash memory , if you had an image on the box and then changed it 3 times well thats 3 or 4 images , so you have to remove them and clear the flash memory . i dont know if flash wizard has a flash erase option , but if not use dreamup , when you open dreamup (for a dm500s) it will say FLASH on the right of screen , above that it should say FLASH ERASE , click on flash erase and you will be asked if your sure you want to erase SAY YES . this process only takes seconds , as you flashed 3 or 4 times i would advise you to repeat the process 3 or 4 times , then flash the box as normal (you can use flas wizard if you want for this ) and i hope all will be ok .
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.