Help finding pin 1 of the jtag connector inside the DM800HD PVR Clone
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help finding pin 1 of the jtag connector inside the DM800HD PVR Clone

HI ,
    i found my 2 years ago bricked dm800hd pvr clone with the CA ERROR!
    So i took it a part with the idea to jtag it.
    This becuz all other tricks didn't workout : updates with webinterface not possible, nullmodem cable with dreamup, optiflasher pro and NCF Sim2 also.
    rs232 cable not working . And last but not least .The leds on the ethernet connector green and yellow both are on when i put power in the box.
    Now what i need to know is :

1- the location of pin 1 on the tjag connector located behind the ethenet connector
    2-what program to use for flashing thru Lpt:
    3-can i flash a complete image.nfi ? cuz second_stage bootloader is not enough becuz of the defective ethernet connection ?
    -or will it come to live when second_stage bootloader is flashed ?
    4 and is this the right format for flashing ?

It's quitte a list but the priority goes out to the pinout of the jtag connector.

Thx in advance.
    Last edited by digicon; 17th November, 2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Removed Link to Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The SIE View Post
    HI ,
    i found my 2 years ago bricked dm800hd pvr clone with the CA ERROR!
    So i took it a part with the idea to jtag it.
    This becuz all other tricks didn't workout : updates with webinterface not possible, nullmodem cable with dreamup, optiflasher pro and NCF Sim2 also.
    rs232 cable not working . And last but not least .The leds on the ethernet connector green and yellow both are on when i put power in the box.
    Now what i need to know is :

1- the location of pin 1 on the tjag connector located behind the ethenet connector
    2-what program to use for flashing thru Lpt:
    3-can i flash a complete image.nfi ? cuz second_stage bootloader is not enough becuz of the defective ethernet connection ?
    -or will it come to live when second_stage bootloader is flashed ?
    4 and is this the right format for flashing ?

It's quitte a list but the priority goes out to the pinout of the jtag connector.

Thx in advance.
    Update!!!
    It seems that i have to replace the max3232 chip placed on location U17. bcuz both leds
    (green+yellow) on the ethernet connector goes on when i put in de powercable.
    Today i did order 3 chips for just 0,99$ in chinatown and just have to wait for arival.

So, will be continued....

Finally ,today 18/12/2014 the goodies arrived .3 nice Max3232cse chips. I allready desoldered the chip located at U17 ,
    so all i needed to do today was just solder the new max3232 onto the motherboard.
    plugged power in et voilla this action solved the ethernet lights problem.
    So there is no need to jtag the box.

After that you can use Optiflasher to flash a new secondstage bootloader. Hoppa! solved for just 0,99$ and a lot of waiting for the soic's
    Last edited by The SIE; 18th December, 2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Problem Solved