I UPDATED TO 4.3U AND I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD MAKE ALL MY GAMES DISAPPEAR fml
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry I UPDATED TO 4.3U AND I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD MAKE ALL MY GAMES DISAPPEAR fml

OK so there I was being a stupid little girl thinking she knows what she's doing.

I really wanted to play the Mario Kart Channel or something but that needed me to connect to WiFi so I tried connecting my age-old Wii, that had already been softmodded beforehand by some guy in some technology store, to the internet. So I thought everything was going well, when the Wii asked for an update and I was like HELL YEAH LET'S UPDATE THIS OLD CRAP it's been too long, like 8 years? So I updated it, and suddenly the Homebrew channel was gone!! I thought it was super weird until I tried opening up the USB Loader GX, AND IT WOULDNT LOAD AND A BLACK SCREEN WITH A BUNCH OF CODES APPEARED that was like this:

"Exception (DSI) Occured!
    code code code
    STACK DUMP:
    code code code
    CODE DUMP:
    code code code
    Reloading in 20 seconds"

And because my parents paid almost 200$ to get the Wii softmodded and installed with like 500 games (that the store bought and \put into this terrabyte so it's kinda legal), I NEED HELP ASAP. OMG THEY STILL DONT KNOW and my mum uses the Gold's Gym game in the USB Loader to exercise ugh why

So I've done research and all of them were like, "You have to softmod it again" and I am seriously the most technologically challenged person ever. I don't know what in the world I'm doing.
    So far, I've done the LetterBomb thing (thank Heavens for it), installed BootMii as boot2 and IOS and I got the Homebrew Channel back!!
    I thought my work was done but I opened USB Laader and it was still the same.

I'm such a beginner please help. I have a terrabyte full of games that I need to reinstall somehow. And unsuspecting parents that might kill me for wasting their money. My family really loves the USB loader GX man, WE HAD COOKING MAMA

Any next steps??? I've read most of the things at the start of this forum (like the ones in red) but I don't know what I actually have to do next. Please help I'm in such a panic oh my goodness I just wanted to play MarioKart fml
    Last edited by yoongillest; 18th December, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Post a sysCheck19 report as instructed I that link so I can see which IOS's you've installed.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default AGAIN-- TOTAL NEWBIE

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Post a sysCheck19 report as instructed I that link so I can see which IOS's you've installed.
    Ok hi, I've been on holiday so I couldn't have access to the Wii but now I do, and I did what you wanted me to do but I couldn't find the bunch of code that you wanted me to find. I think its because now, when I put the SD card back into the wii after extracting your SysCheck thing, the wii remotes don't work anymore. Four blue lights flash for a few seconds and I tried syncing them BUT IT WONT WORK I need help please help me

Edited Jan 10, 1:18pm

OK SO I GOT THE REMOTES TO WORK RIGHT

Now I tried running your syscheck on HBC.........but problem is I don't know how. I'm in the Homebrew Channel and it's just a bunch of bubbles under the sea. You gotta help me walkthrough this man.
    Last edited by yoongillest; 10th January, 2015 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

If you see bubbles on the screen that normally means it can't read apps on the SD card it should in in SD:\apps\syscheck. When you insert the SD card the Wii console will beep does it?

If it doesn't beep then there is either something wrong with the SD card (must be formatted FAT32) or there is something wrong with the SD card slot/contacts which I had a couple of years ago.

There is a thread about http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...curred-313482/
    Last edited by Keithuk; 10th January, 2015 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Update
    Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    If you see bubbles on the screen that normally means it can't read apps on the SD card it should in in SD:\apps\syscheck. When you insert the SD card the Wii console will beep does it?

If it doesn't beep then there is either something wrong with the SD card (must be formatted FAT32) or there is something wrong with the SD card slot/contacts which I had a couple of years ago.

There is a thread about http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...curred-313482/

Yes, when I insert the SD card it makes this nice sound and the SD Card icon on the Wii Home lights up!

I just don't know how to do your syscheck thing. I mean, you said to 'run it through HBC' but I don't how to do that?

I'm sorry that I'm such a beginner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Homwbrew is a channel on the Wii there should be a picture on the Wii menu.

http://logopond.com/logos/ad62bbf952...b6068da18b.png

Just click on it and Start it. That will show a list of apps in the apps folder on the SD card just look for sysCheck and load it then press 'A' to scan. When its finished it will make a sysCheck.csv file on the root of the SD card. Open it with WordPad not NotePad and copy and paste all text into a reply.
    Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170)