school boy error
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default school boy error

hey guys

your gonna laugh but please dont laugh to much i have a dm800hd pvr clone and tried to flash it the other day
    (i.ve done this loads of times) anyway downloaded the software logged on throught the internet flashed the box
    only to find that i've flashed it with dm7020 firmware now when i boot it up get a error message saying error one
    no ca found but above that it says look at DM7020 | dream-multimedia-tv.de now i've spent the last hour reading up about this
    and the no ca found is common so i downloaded dream up tried to connect to the box but its not giving me a ip
    address i've tried 2 version of dream up to????? any ideas or is the box finished????

please help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

hi spicy,

with the no ca error found message you won't get an ip address. you need to connect a null modem cable and use a laptop/tower and use either dreamup or ncf to communicate with the box. lots of people say you need windows xp but mine works with vista.
    there are lots of versions of these programs and its a bit trial & error as to which ones work with different versions of the dm800.
    try and download dreambox toolbox which has a lot of good programs in it.
    i've recently had a no ca error found message and couldn't get any of the things to work on it, only to discover it had an estar sim in it and not a 2.01 or 2.10 so thats another thing to look for.
    on the plus side i must have downloaded every program ever made for the dreambox so should be ok for any eventuality
    fingers crossed you'll find the right version of dreamup and it'll work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Education is not the learning of facts, But the training of the mind to think

So hit the thanks button if I have enlightened you.