V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi
    this evening the updated version will be available here
    you can use any port you want
    to control dreambox remotely i will include with updated version second program to control the dreambox and to view channels also called
    Tunisia-sat dreambox web receiver and will control the first program streamer(the server) through the port 5678

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey mfaraj,

Can this app allow my dm800 to stream to the net? At the moment I can start the stream using the webinterface that comes with the standard images . but it seems that the bitrate is too high.

Can you app lower the bitrate? If so does it do it on the dreambox side or do i need a PC middleman?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mercenary... the mfaraj software is very clever... it allow you to stream in several formats including FLV and MP4 which should be fine with the normal 400kbps uploading speed we all have with any UK service provider.... go back download the software and see if does it work... are u in the uk mercenary ? i can help you but we need to talk on skype or a landline/mobile and i need to see your monitor using www.teamviewer.com send me a pm if interested

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
    hey mfaraj,

Can this app allow my dm800 to stream to the net? At the moment I can start the stream using the webinterface that comes with the standard images . but it seems that the bitrate is too high.

Can you app lower the bitrate? If so does it do it on the dreambox side or do i need a PC middleman?
    Hi
    Yes dm800 is better than dm500 for streaming through the internet
    but you can not stream from dm800 to internet directly because the dreambox stream has large size and high bitrate although it can be handled by local network and you can see it on local computer but to see it through internet you have to lower the bitrates and compress the stream and this what the program did when you hit start streaming
    although the program come originally with many choices to select the type of vidoeo format the compression scale.. I limit the choices in this copy of the program to few choices ,only selection of user internet upload spead profile(low,medium,high) and according to that the program select the bitrates and size
    to know as you have higher upload speed the program choose high bitrate with better quality of the stream

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi
    this is original copy of the program(called dream2web)
    it is working and has many choices to play with and you can select any port you want for streaming

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download mfaraj dream2web streamer1.rar

This is the second program to receive stream from the Tunisia-sat dreambox player and streamer and installed in the remote computer
    the function of this program as i said to receive stream from the server,control the server or the streamer completely(record,change channel,stop streaming or start streaming)
    for this to work you should forward port 5678 to server computor ip in server side
    Tunisia-sat dreambox web receiver
    4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Tunisia-sat dreambox web receiver5.rar

The server and dreambox and the program receiver in france

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is it not possible to change the settings on the streamer from the Dreambox to lower the bitrate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dedes View Post
    HI mfaraj57

Thanks for the explanations.

Where can I find the updated version of the DreamBox viewer?

And, once I am streaming and I am watching a channel remotely how can I change channels? Using web if?

What port do you all recomend to use instead of 1234?

Thanks
    Dedes
    you can use any port as long as it is not being used by another application. a good one for streams is usually 8080.

yes, channels are changed via webif, and all the release of DreamBox viewer can be found in this thread!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI

I have a new problem. I am not able to open most of the door I want with my router like door 8080, 23, 3333. Also I have tried to open the same doors on a diferent connection and router and I still not able to do it.

I read most of the tutorials on how to forward port doors for my Router DIR635 and no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default must agree

dont know how but i found it easy

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dedes View Post
    HI

I have a new problem. I am not able to open most of the door I want with my router like door 8080, 23, 3333. Also I have tried to open the same doors on a diferent connection and router and I still not able to do it.

I read most of the tutorials on how to forward port doors for my Router DIR635 and no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks
    how do you check for ports(doors) are opened or not
    did you try port 80 and forwarding it to dreambox ip
    after that put your dns:80 in internet explorer you should see
    webinterface if port 80 opened and forwarded to dreambox ip

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberman34m View Post
    dont know how but i found it easy
    did you acheive results
    did you have success in streaming by internet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes exactley! do there is anybody here that managed to stream over the internet as well as in local LAN using mfaraj software ??????

I can watch and record tv but unable to stream either locally or internet..

ABybody there ? especially from UK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark1832 View Post
    yes exactley! do there is anybody here that managed to stream over the internet as well as in local LAN using mfaraj software ??????

I can watch and record tv but unable to stream either locally or internet..

ABybody there ? especially from UK
    Didn't work for me, either locally or internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

local works, internet doesnt!

However, if i manually transcode the stream from my dreambox to my PC using VLC, i can watch it via the internet with ease! If mfaraj57's new release will not sort the issue, i will post a quick guide!

Obviously it will not come in a nice program, and will require some manual inputs/effort, however it works 100%

with regards to the question about ports being forwarded, check their status with PFPortChecker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK just managed to reformat a pc and installing only winxp sp2 and mfaraj software and nothing else...a vlc 0.9.9 ( may try 1.0.0)
    Now whe you hit the preview button i can watch the tv restreamed in wmp windows on the same stremare pc..

It work perfectly locally but does not work over the internet.

I cant believe it... faraj please get in touch with me tonight and see what we can do? shall i install vlc 1.0.0? what about sp3?

And most importantly what about the 2 software?
    1 tunisia...
    2 dream2wiever....

Can they be installed in the streamer pc? or 1 must go on the streaming pc and 2 on the remote pc?
    My understanding is that are the same with the difference that we can choose the streaming port and the encoding format!
    Please answer this vital question here please?

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast