Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ian1095 View Post
    Hi mfara57
    please backup your registry before using this.and please only advanced pc users who are competent with the windows registry use this.these are the optimal RWIN settings for me,it may not be correct for you!
    it sometimes improves upload speeds to set your default send window to the same as your default recieve window.

RWIN (TCP Receive Window) is a buffer that determines how much data the receiving computer is prepared to get at one time.

A RWIN value that's too large will result in greater loss of data if a packet is lost or damaged. A too small RWIN will be very slow, as each packet will have to be acknowledged before the next packet is sent.

RWIN is one of the most important parameters in tweaking any TCP/IP connection.

to determine the optimal RWIN manually, you can perform the following calculations:

1. Determine MSS (this can be done by using SG TCP Analyzer), maximum anticipated latency and advertised maximum bandwidth.
    (for example, 1460 MSS, 300ms max latency, 6Mbit/s max bandwidth).

2. Find the unscaled RWIN value (largest even multiple of MSS less than 65535):
    65535 / 1460 (MSS) = 44.9
    round down to even number = 44
    44 x 1460 = 64240 (this is the optimal unscaled RWIN value for broadband connections)

3. Multiply the unscaled RWIN by 2 until it is larger than BDP
    Our BDP for 6Mbps @ 300 latency is:
    6000 kbps x 300ms = 1800000 / 8 = 225000
    64240 (unscaled RWIN) x 2 x 2 ... = 256960 (number larger than BDP, this is the optimal RWIN)

a far simpler method for most users(although no where near as accurate)is to use one of the pre programmed untilities such as tcpoptimizer or cablenut.

with regards to a channel on hotbird that wont stream the english audio,well none of them will if english is the second audio option,but for testing i just tried sky cinema 1 and this streams in the italian language.ian.
    Thanks Ian for the information and i will try and see what can i get
    also i receive sky cinema and will see how can i fix lnaguage problem
    regarding the discussion in dudez also he can download
    dns updater .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Mfara57,

is it possible to use your program in conjunction with Sopcast, I feel this would improve the streaming quality further?

Also with you program is the program intended to keep restreaming when it stops, what i mean is keep reconnecting when the streaming drops or do you have to manually kepp reconnecting?

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rruunneerr View Post
    Hi Mfara57,

is it possible to use your program in conjunction with Sopcast, I feel this would improve the streaming quality further?

Also with you program is the program(web receiver) intended to keep restreaming when it stops, what i mean is keep reconnecting when the streaming drops or do you have to manually kepp reconnecting?

Thanks in advance.

Kev.
    Hi
    It will stop but if you have the other program in other side you can start streaming again sopcast
    just i am testing something
    please open this site live stream
    i know blurred image because very low upload speed(less than 100) but i am testing something
    i will see also what can i do with sopcast
    Last edited by mfaraj57; 14th August, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tell you what mate,the image was blurred,but was of better quality than i am managing to stream to my friends and my upload is supposed to be 448kbs but in reality is less than 300kbs.
    it played fine for a while,then broke up and kept re buffering untill finally couldnt connect.ian.
    Last edited by ian1095; 14th August, 2009 at 02:21 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

tell you whate mate,the image was blurred,but was of better quality than i am managing to stream to my friends and my upload is supposed to be 448kbs but in reality is less than 300kbs.
    it played fine for a while,then broke up and kept re buffering untill finally couldnt connect.ian.
    now stopped
    but i will stream radio channel
    i you have the web receiver program you can browse my channels ,stop streaming,start streaming and even recording but you have to wait between commands
    just fill waed.dvrdns.org in settings
    Last edited by mfaraj57; 14th August, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

hi
    just for test just extract the exe to program folder no need fo setup
    more flexibility in chosing upload speed and more advanced options
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

many thanks

ive found this to be a significant improvement as i can now match the program to my maximum upload rate.
    ian.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

many thanks

ive found this to be a significant improvement as i can now match the program to my maximum upload rate.
    ian.
    Hi
    but to know you need good compination of the given factors
    I prefer to use mpeg-ts as encapsulation for http transmission(mobile) and asf/wmv for windows media player(mms)
    best video codec for mpeg-ts is h264 but unfortuntly in this version of vlc the program crashs,hope in next version of vlc fix this bug
    the second codec can be combined with this encapsulation is mp4v and you can play with others to get best results
    for asf/wmv encapsulation best to chose wmv2
    if you can improve streaming by any compination please tell me
    thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok

after further testing,although the ability to change the VB rates ect improve things,this version still has the same problem as the last version that incorperated the choices of computer,mobile and mobile2 in the fact that when computer is selected the stream breaks up constantly.this is even the case when using the default settings.but on reverting back to the version without the added choice of mobile,everything is ok again.ian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ian,

beat me to it, same for me as I notice this as well.

Cheers,

Kev.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is it possible for you to add these advanced settings to the older version of the program?
    the one without the choice of computer,mobile or mobile2.ian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quick question- newbie to Dreambox

Hi to all on this thread, will the streaming described in this thread work on the Dreambox 500c or would it better to go for another model? thanx

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XtraStrong View Post
    Hi to all on this thread, will the streaming described in this thread work on the Dreambox 500c or would it better to go for another model? thanx
    Can work with any model of dreambox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfaraj57 View Post
    Can work with any model of dreambox

how stable is it as there seems to be varying results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you stick to the stable release (5.0.0) and you've got a good bb connection then the results so far are the best i've seen
    it all comes down to how fast you can upload the stream rather than how fast you can download it , although from test's
    i've been doing i'd reccomend your download speed should be at least 2mbit if your streaming at the top rate
    St.O
    Last edited by saintomer; 14th August, 2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling, cos we don't wanna go dow that road !