V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Dreambox streaming to internet,it was never easy like this

Dreambox streaming to internet,it has never been easy like this

streaming dreambox channels to internet in 6 steps

1- Install the program from the link below.
    2-Create and update dynamic dns address.
    3-Open and forward port 1234 to your computer IP.
    4- Fill created dynamic dns address and choose your. internet speed from settings.
    5- Hit start streaming from the program.
    6- Take the appearing internet address and use it with. windows media player and enjoy your dreambox anywhere.

Note: For better internet streaming form enigma 1 dreambox i advice pli-jade image

Additional features...
    1- Playing enigma 1 and 2 dreamboxes on local computer
    2- View hd channels on pc from hd capable dreambox
    3-Record E1 and E2 dreambox channels on pc

picture taken from live video for remote dreambox by internet

The program works only with vlc version 1.0.5 and down ,best is .99

Download
    complete guide for internet streaming from dreambox-pdf format

Tunisiasat dreambox player and webstreamer 6.1.0-new

Tunisiasat E1 dreambox viewer 6.0.4-portable

Tunisiasat web receiver program 5.0.2
    This softare installed in remote pc to control the streamer porgam and indirectly dreambox,receive stream from streamer in mms format only

link1

link2
    Last edited by mfaraj57; 15th August, 2011 at 06:22 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mfaraj57 For This Useful Post:

haniya (9th September, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI

I have downloaded the software and I am able to see my Dreambox on the viewer. However on the settings I am not sure what to do about the DNS?

I have created an account with dyndns but I am not sure what IP I should use there if my PC IP, if the DreamBox IP or even my Static home IP - I have static IP at home?

Also, I am not able to find the web adress to where I am streaming too?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Dedes; 15th July, 2009 at 04:02 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dedes View Post
    HI

I have downloaded the software and I am able to see my Dreambox on the viewer. However on the settings I am not sure what to do about the DNS?

I have created an account with dyndns but I am not sure what IP I should use there if my PC IP, if the DreamBox IP or even my Static home IP - I have static IP at home?

Also, I am not able to find the web adress to where I am streaming too?

Thanks for the help
    In program-settings there is box to put your dns address .
    dns address created automatically with your home ip given by your internet provider ,although dns address not needed when you have static ip,are you sure it is static ,usually the ip given by internet providers are not static so we need dns address
    There are 5 steps under guide in settings section follow them and the most important is opening and forwarding port 1234 to your pc ip and it is written there and no need to search.
    other ports are optionally need forwarding and not essential for streaming
    Now while you are watching any tv channel and i prefer radio channel at first hit start streaming and streaming addresses will appear in right bottom one for internet and the lower for viewing dreambox on other local computers connected to local network
    take internet stream address and play it by windows media play er anywhere far from your home(in office,in your mobile...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Port is definitely forwarded but tests show that host is unreachable. Perhaps ISP is blocking it?

Also some people seem to be having issues with port 1234! is there anyway to change the default port from 1234 to something else?

For those who have got it working, where are you streaming from and which isp are you with?

Thanks

Edit: @ mfaraj57 i saw you also posted on the tunisia sat forum. As its all in arabic, could you possibly relay my question there to see if we get a response... thanks again!
    Last edited by Ruddyrum; 15th July, 2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

Yes I am sure about having a static IP - I pay more because of that!!

I have seen the internet streams adress but they come and go very quickly. I am not able to read them. Is there a way to keep them stick for me to copy and paste it?

And I have port 1234 forward to my PC IP - DHCP IP - but I am not 100% sure it's working because I have tried the port scanner and it says that port is closed.

Thanks

PS - I was able to get the stream adress and I have used both the xxx.dyndns.org account that I have created and my statci IP but none of them work.
    Last edited by Dedes; 15th July, 2009 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

read my post above... perhaps your ISP is also blocking traffic on this port! Dont forget that this program was created in an arabic country for a tunisian forum and the ISP's there may not have such restrictions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

doesn't work for me, just tested my port 1234 which is forwarded to my pc and shields up says it passed.

Any chance you could allow us to specify the port used in the next release?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi ALL,,,, Ok lets say i am in UK and i have 2 different providers with 2 differents adsl lines and 2 different routers.... problem of blocking port 1234 with 2 difffernt ISP is very unluckly to happen... However my problem is that for a moment i dont want to stream outside my router but just inside my lan.... It does not work! Run the command NETSTAT or the ipscanner in the tools folder of mfaraj software... Can u see port 1234 open? udp and tcp? can anybody see port 1234 open in the NETSTAT /a dos command?... If yes and it work can u state what image,db,os,player, etc have u got else you are like me with no possibility to stream inside your network.... If yes then we will worry about streaming outside... so please state which country are you testing it ok ? i can help you dedes if you have skype and teamviewer about your dns problem but can u stream locally? Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark1832 View Post
    Hi ALL,,,, Ok lets say i am in UK and i have 2 different providers with 2 differents adsl lines and 2 different routers.... problem of blocking port 1234 with 2 difffernt ISP is very unluckly to happen... However my problem is that for a moment i dont want to stream outside my router but just inside my lan.... It does not work! Run the command NETSTAT or the ipscanner in the tools folder of mfaraj software... Can u see port 1234 open? udp and tcp? can anybody see port 1234 open in the NETSTAT /a dos command?... If yes and it work can u state what image,db,os,player, etc have u got else you are like me with no possibility to stream inside your network.... If yes then we will worry about streaming outside... so please state which country are you testing it ok ? i can help you dedes if you have skype and teamviewer about your dns problem but can u stream locally? Regards

Hi,

I am in Portugal and I am not able to stream localy or remotely. The only thing I am able to do is to see TV withith the dreambox viewer.
    About port 1234 it is forwarded on my router but by the tests I have performed it is blocked. I also have a problem with port 3333 and an Azbox receiver. Northing I do can open that port.

About DNS I have a static IP at home so I guess I don't need DNS I just need to enter my static IP instead ?

For instance I am able to enter my CCam menu remotely. Or even WEb IF.

Would it be possible to use Dreamviewr to access my dreambox remotely? I mean on settings of the Dream Viewer we enter the Dreambox IP. Would it be possible to enter my static IP and them something more - not sure what - to acess my Dreambox and watch my channels remotely?

Any help would be apreciated.
    Last edited by Dedes; 16th July, 2009 at 02:06 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi to all
    to clarify something
    restreaming to internet has two stages

first stage:done by the program and consists transcoding of dreambox stream(compression and conversion) to make it smaller size to be carried easily by internet
    this stage ends successfully by appearing the stream in what called restreaming window

second stage:depend on 1234 port forwarding and dns address assignment,and these are responsibility of user,router and firewall and the program rule is nothing more than give guides how to do that
    to say program put stream on the door(port 1234) but you have to open the door because the key is with your router

success of streaming depends on how to manage portfowarding and dns assignment

The program have been tested by tunisiasat dreambox work team for months before puplishing it and tests done in France,Italy,Tunisia and Jordan

second point

i choose 1234 port just for simplicity
    The program depends on vlc activex for transcoding and restreaming,vlc use this port 1234 as default so i use it
    friends from europian countries told me yesterday that port 1234 is blocked by many internet providers for security reasons

when i have finished my program i look to the program settings - full of choices so i decide to simplify as much as possible

however after yesterday emails and your subject i decide to make small update for the program and give the choice for user to select the streaming port he wants
    Last edited by mfaraj57; 16th July, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Problems of first stage(transcoding) depend on dreambox type and dreambox image
    enigma2 dreamboxes:No problems
    enigma1 dreamboxes:The best image for streaming is pli-jade and the worst is gemini,so if you wants to restream to internet use pli-jade and the same thing apply to recording
    pictures below demonstate streaming from dreambox has gemini and one has pli-jade image

dm500 with gemini
    streaming is bad and the video stream is worse

dm500 with pli-jade
    streaming is good and video stream is better
    Last edited by mfaraj57; 16th July, 2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: to fix data

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

examples of good streaming

screenshot from live video in Tunisia for dm800 channel in france

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7890/france2tunis.jpg

screenshot from live video in Jordan for dm8000 channel in France
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/758...rdanviedeo.jpg

program playing hd channel
    http://www10.0zz0.com/2009/06/19/10/869737778.jpg

screenshot from live video in us from dm500 channel in Jordan

http://www10.0zz0.com/2009/06/19/10/717850441.jpg

Finally i advice who has low internet speed(upload speed mainly to start with radio channels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dedes View Post
    Hi,

I am in Portugal and I am not able to stream localy or remotely. The only thing I am able to do is to see TV withith the dreambox viewer.
    About port 1234 it is forwarded on my router but by the tests I have performed it is blocked. I also have a problem with port 3333 and an Azbox receiver. Northing I do can open that port.

About DNS I have a static IP at home so I guess I don't need DNS I just need to enter my static IP instead ?

For instance I am able to enter my CCam menu remotely. Or even WEb IF.

Would it be possible to use Dreamviewr to access my dreambox remotely? I mean on settings of the Dream Viewer we enter the Dreambox IP. Would it be possible to enter my static IP and them something more - not sure what - to acess my Dreambox and watch my channels remotely?

Any help would be apreciated.

But this is what mfaraj viewer does.... you leave your pc and db on and then you go everywhere in the world with any device connected to the internet and you will see your tv.... Look like our problem which is not to be able to stream either LOCALLY or Outside our LAN depend on the image.... anybody got a link for an ENIGMA2 image please ? and what version must be ?

Regards

Just checked on enigma website http://www.pli-images.org/downloads.php and version 2 is NOT for DM500-s.... SO whats next mfaraj please ? would enigma 1 jade 3 will be ok ? do there is anybody out there with a DM500-s working and streaming Locally & remotely please ?
    Last edited by mark1832; 16th July, 2009 at 08:54 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi
    Static ip can be put in dns address box in settings without problems and no need for dns address assignment
    for better streaming with dm500 i advice pli-image

http://www.pli-images.org/downloads....download_id=99

to access and control dreambox remotely you have to enter your static ip in internet explerer followed by dreambox port like this http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 and you will see webinterface
    but you have to forward port 80 to your dreambox ip first
    this procedure only to control dreambox remotely but viewing channels video use my program above
    after starting the program and starting steaming put your static ip in windows media player
    like this
    mms://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234
    1234 port should be opened and forwarded to your computer ip
    thats all
    Last edited by mfaraj57; 16th July, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfaraj57 View Post
    Hi
    Static ip can be put in dns address box in settings without problems and no need for dns address assignment
    for better streaming with dm500 i advice pli-image

http://www.pli-images.org/downloads....download_id=99

to access and control dreambox remotely you have to enter your static ip in internet explerer followed by dreambox port like this http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 and you will see webinterface
    but you have to forward port 80 to your dreambox ip first
    this procedure only to control dreambox remotely but viewing channels video use my program above
    after starting the program and starting steaming put your static ip in windows media player
    like this
    mms://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234
    1234 port should be opened and forwarded to your computer ip
    thats all

HI mfaraj57

Thanks for the explanations.

Where can I find the updated version of the DreamBox viewer?

And, once I am streaming and I am watching a channel remotely how can I change channels? Using web if?

What port do you all recomend to use instead of 1234?

Thanks
    Dedes

Page 1 of 45 12345611 ... LastLast