ipad 2 recovery mode
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ipad 2 recovery mode

hey all, my mate has brought me an ipad 2 stuck in recovery mode,wen I try and restore it gets to about 90% then says unknown error 16 ,could anyone help? ive updated my iTunes and laptop and also turned my security off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Default ipad 2 recovery mode

From what I gather this error code is a communication error between the device and apples servers. Make sure you are using a working internet connection and that the IPad has been used on the Internet connection before. You may need to give him the iPad back to your mate for him to do it for you.
    Prior to doing this delete your iTunes from your computer and download a fresh copy from Apple.com

I've also heard that physically disconnecting the battery for a few seconds can cure this too- try at your own risk.
    Last edited by johnboy1974; 12th January, 2015 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's not a problem. Go to Apple store.