DM500 Guide: Getting The Best From Your 500 Series Dreambox - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking through the guide it says in technical data that the dreambox 500 supports FBAS - Obviously my googling skills aren't too good, is this code for composite?

I was under the impression that the box also support component out (and the dk readme file says that the software doesn't support it - implying it's there in hardware?) - am i right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi all just wondered if anyone can help me , my other half in all her wisdom while i was out the room " she was trying to help am told" she went into expert setup ( she is no expert ) and pressed fsctory reset !!!! i know she has now wiped the software off it but how do i get it back? and were ? i belive i have to down load the software back onto the box , but were do i get it from can anyone help me !!!!! as only had the box a day and was trying to set it up when my dear other half tried to help , now can anyone help me !!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinny121060 View Post
    hi all just wondered if anyone can help me , my other half in all her wisdom while i was out the room " she was trying to help am told" she went into expert setup ( she is no expert ) and pressed fsctory reset !!!! i know she has now wiped the software off it but how do i get it back? and were ? i belive i have to down load the software back onto the box , but were do i get it from can anyone help me !!!!! as only had the box a day and was trying to set it up when my dear other half tried to help , now can anyone help me !!!!!!
    Blame the wife.

Heres Dk image.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...500-c-s-t-312/

If you cant FTP the files over pm me your email and i'll send you an image with all the working bits.

Patience is a virtue.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Images are available here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Images Stay away from Gemini if your box is a clone or your not sure. yOu can reflash it using dreamup. Tutorial here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ox-dreamup-33/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi there i may sound like am blaming her but it true , anyway i dont know what am doing anyway , so i now have a blank black screan and nothing is working do i get a usb cable from pc to dreambox and install the software sorry as well as her i am also thick can i have a idoit guide , many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

hi there i may sound like am blaming her but it true , anyway i dont know what am doing anyway , so i now have a blank black screan and nothing is working do i get a usb cable from pc to dreambox and install the software sorry as well as her i am also thick can i have a idoit guide , many thanks
    This guide has every bit of information you need. The easiest was to upload an image to the box is via null modem cable and dreamup.

You will have to do some reading for now. Unless you have a null modem cable in which case i will send the image to you and you can follow the guide on dreamup.

This is a null modem cable

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

thanks for telling me what cable to get and for telling me to take my email off sorry new at all this so now i know what cable were do i get the software from , manys thanks
    Dreamup program here
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - DreamUP 1.3.3.4

and the guide is in the cable section here

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ox-dreamup-33/

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have just joined this site and looking to buy a dreambox in the near future. Doing my research and I hope this guide will be as useful to me as it has been to all of you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default help me am going crazy

Quote Originally Posted by cgscott View Post
    This guide has every bit of information you need. The easiest was to upload an image to the box is via null modem cable and dreamup.

You will have to do some reading for now. Unless you have a null modem cable in which case i will send the image to you and you can follow the guide on dreamup.

This is a null modem cable

i have been out and got a serial lead null cable 9 pin female female cable but my pc was 15 pin so then went out and got not one but two converter am now all conected from box to pc but as i click conect a message unable to open com port ??????? what does that mean do i have the wrong cable please help me i think i might go mad

many thanks

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

i have been out and got a serial lead null cable 9 pin female female cable but my pc was 15 pin so then went out and got not one but two converter am now all conected from box to pc but as i click conect a message unable to open com port ??????? what does that mean do i have the wrong cable please help me i think i might go mad

many thanks

A 15 pin cable is a video cable not a serial cable and a 9 pin serial cable is not a null modem cable... A null modem cable is has its pins wired differently.. to make the null modem cable connect to your PC or laptop you need to have an rs232 to usb convertor if you do not have a 9 pin serial port (most PCs sold in the last 5 years will not have one)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgscott View Post
    Dreamup program here
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - DreamUP 1.3.3.4

and the guide is in the cable section here

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ox-dreamup-33/
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime...Thanks for the info will try to download

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So basically all you need to get all channels is to dreamup the box when you get it and youll get all the channels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

does anyone know of any video guides ontube etc.?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astrong13 View Post
    I have a question I hope this is the right place, the dm500c how fast can it auto roll I would like a unit that can take updates between 10 to 15 sec.
    What you mean update? When the keys roll you dont notice any change at all.

I have had the dm500 for 3 years now and have never had any problems with it.

Channel scanning takes bout 10 mins but this is normal.

If using the DK image you can also quick scan your area. Only takes couple mins.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean the keys rolling right now it is being done or can be done by theprovider every 20 mins if they need to but they are going to change and make it 10 to 15 seconds

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast