Corsa C P1616-wrong vehicle id from instrument control module (00)- Present
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts

Default Corsa C P1616-wrong vehicle id from instrument control module (00)- Present

Year 2004 motor Z13DT. Car has been sitting few months, nonstarter... Been called to sort out. Lots of errors, keys deleted. I have reprogrammed Key (only one available)... car still not starting. One Error left, P1616 on ecu, In all other critical modules, BCM, Immo, ECU , key transponder is detected, programmed etc... I have tried resetting Instrument Cluster with right pin but all I get is '' Failed'' then security waiting is activated on Instrument Cluster. I removed connector from back of cluster and cleaned, no change... All diagnostics is working on Cluster, I can activate gauges and all that, found nothing wrong with cluster... even mileage correction working OK
    Now I've run out of ideas... Did I miss anything? Please help me out.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Yes, could give an idea, but as you put passwords on your files, which does NOT help anybody, you will have to keep trying.

Had you not Passworded stuff, would not taken this stance.

May your PM box overflow with "Passsss tganksssss" messages

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

Dunker (18th August, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts

Not all my files were password-ed Meat-Head, but that's another story... but thanks for being so helpfull

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

look at connections at rear of cluster a known failure

then reset both bcm and dash and leave them reset also check can wiring to ecu .. you should nail the fault
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about yesterday ......Was it worth it ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racin-snake For This Useful Post:

autocargo (15th February, 2015), Meat-Head (15th February, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by racin-snake View Post
    look at connections at rear of cluster a known failure
    ult
    Oh woe, looks like rs has just managed to solve my "passworded" post.

Just like passwording files, you think that helped nobody.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

autocargo (15th February, 2015), Dunker (18th August, 2018), racin-snake (15th February, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts

Thanks for helping... You mean I should strip down cluster?I already check connector behind IC as searcing on google found out that connector is causing sometime trouble? As for can wires to ecu is there a specific place on the loom where I should check?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by autocargo View Post
    I have tried resetting Instrument Cluster with right pin but all I get is '' Failed'' then security waiting is activated on Instrument Cluster
    If you have the right pin maybe you have wrong cluster.......
    Stranger things happened to nonstarters.....
    A failure will not appear till a unit has passed final inspection

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rideon For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (15th February, 2015)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

corsa13.rar...try resolder conector of IPS,if no result try another dump ,reset and relearn.
    Last edited by stas12; 15th February, 2015 at 10:06 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stas12 For This Useful Post:

autocargo (15th February, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

It's very common problem after battery died, You need pin code and try to log out and log in every module in the car.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twincam For This Useful Post:

autocargo (15th February, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twincam View Post
    It's very common problem after battery died, You need pin code and try to log out and log in every module in the car.
    @Twincam i think you mean corsa D here the OP says his car is corsa C

@ AUTOCARGO
    The car will start with cluster still reset also with bcm still reset make sure that ecu and the immo see each other ! also check fuses for misplaced fuses
    Do a continuity test of the can wires from fusebox loom to the ecu

the main plug on the back of the clocks is a right bastard push the connector well home as then try get comms reset all modules and then marry ecu to immo

Lastly : pass worded files don't bother me too much .. seems some want to protect something that they have .. strange place DK would be if we all did this !
    NO SINGLE PERSON KNOWS IT ALL .. YET SOME (MYSELF NOT INCLUDES) know A LOT more than others

I appreciate the help i get from these chaps although if given a file or info and asked not to share it .. i will do as asked as i feel that would be the right thing to do considering they give you a bit of info it would be abusing the helpful persons trust

So i try to live and let live don't sink to the level of pass wording and TRY to help despite reluctance of others to share to the wider community ..
    I maybe wrong but just my take on this stuff

sotra inline with my signature .. be a part of the community .. leechers should be treated for what they are unhelpful parasites
    Last edited by racin-snake; 15th February, 2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about yesterday ......Was it worth it ?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to racin-snake For This Useful Post:

autocargo (15th February, 2015), Meat-Head (15th February, 2015), teuton (15th February, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    If you have the right pin maybe you have wrong cluster.......
    Stranger things happened to nonstarters.....
    I can read pin on cluster and is right one... IC it belongs to this car. Don't know why would not reset, always getting ''failed'' when I try to reset or program cluster, even is right pin... I will try to strip cluster to check connector pins...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts

@Twincam i think yoU mean corsa D here the OP says his car is corsa C

@ AUTOCARGO
    The car will start with cluster still reset also with bcm still reset make sure that ecu and the immo see each other ! also check fuses for misplaced fuses

the main plug on the back of the clocks is a right bastard push the connector well home as then try get comms reset all modules and then marry ecu to immo

Lastly : pass worded files don't bother me too much .. seems some want to protect something that they have .. strange place DK would be if we all did this !
    NO SINGLE PERSON KNOWS IT ALL .. YET SOME (MYSELF NOT INCLUDES) know A LOT more than others

I appreciate the help i get from these chaps although if given a file or info and asked not to share it .. i will do as asked as i feel that would be the right thing to do considering they give you a bit of info it would be abusing the helpful persons trust

So i try to live and let live don't sink to the level of pass wording and TRY to help despite reluctance of others to share to the wider community ..

sotra inline with my signature .. be a part of the community .. leechers should be treated for what they are unhelpful parasites
    I will check can wires as well, ECU, BCM, and Immo are ok, programmed ok, valid transponder key, ecu and immo paired... still not starting. I thought Cluster is part of car security since it has pin code and needs to be paired... I suppose that's the reason not starting... because somehow is not communicating to ecu or sending wrong ID to ecu. Could be corrupted flash in NEC mcu? All information I read with opcom is valid... right pin/vin numbers.... all looks normal.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Seem to think engine rpm and temp down can lines, so in therory if rpm at clocks and 'senseable' reading at clocks can in therory good.

As for ramming the plug home, that works, the alternative is to [PASSWORDED POST]

Did have one once, removed bcm engine started, then 10 mins later [PASSWORDED POST]

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

@Twincam i think you mean corsa D here the OP says his car is corsa C

@ AUTOCARGO

inspiring words RacinAnaconda.........very true. we seems to chase thanks and reputations when the moderators started this forum not to make profits,but educate and assist each other in every way possible. you are my hero,even though i read your post ages after it was posted...........