How to get Netflix on Vix on a solo2
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to get Netflix on Vix on a solo2

Hi guys, my first post. I've got a solo2 running Vix.

Is there a way of getting Netflix?
    I've been to the addon panel and can't see a Netflix addon. I'm looking for box sets and I thought Netflix would plug this hole.

Any pointers would be very welcome, thanks.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

No netfix option i am afraid but do not despair you have choices you could either install TSmedia although this does not run well on vix at all or perhaps the XBMC/Kodi plugin and add the Fusion addon for movies and boxsets.

3rd option is to install the Blackhole/XBMC hybrid image which should run everything as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for that, I've got TSmedia installed and I am having mixed success, solar and 1chanel are not working but I've got Ice Movies working now. My box seems hung while TSMedai tries to uninstall stuff I dont need so to unclutter it a bit. I didn't realise it wasn't 100% compatible with Vix

I saw the XMBC plugin so I'll give that a go and see what that brings. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought I'd report back for the benefit of anyone else looking to install XMBC on VIX. Both the XMBC and Kodi direct extension hung my Vu+ solo2 So I have removed both of those.

Now I get a message on boot up "LogManager Error: no module named contextlib"

Does that mean I need to reinstall my system?

In an Ideal world I'd like a sky skin, box sets and a sky epg is that possible on VIX ?
    Last edited by orange1234; 1st March, 2015 at 11:31 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Sorry to hear about the cock up with the Kodi/xbmc plugin, thats why i suggested Blackhole as a 3rd option due to the fact that the Kodi/xbmc is built into the image as an extension and not a plugin so should work straight from the outset.

I am not saying it wont work on Vix image it should do but perhaps a complete new fresh installed image is what you need here as it seems to have corrupted some major files.

I dont use the Vix image i use OpenATV 4.3 on my Gigablue Quad+ which has the same spec as the Solo2 again i just use mine as a satellite/Cable receiver and nothing else i have a separate unit for Kodi, But i can understand the logic of having everything enrolled into one machine.

As for the 'Sky' look as far as i am aware Vix image is supposedly the Dogs Danglies for EPG sytem layout and the 'Sky' looking skin that was originally developed for the OpenPLI image is there not something called Blue and Red HD that are the exact copies of the 'Sky' & 'VM' skins found on original receivers, I dont know i am basing this on other users reports.

I always find that when starting from a newly installed image it is always best to setup your image with a minimal as possible make a Backup which is working then add 1 plugin to the image at a time make sure it works and then make another backup at least this way if a plugin knackers your working image if all else fails you can go back to the previously saved image without that plugin and so on etc..

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks so much for you helpful advise. I have now installed the Blue skin - Awesome.
    I installed Kodi Direct ( the successor to XMBC) and was hopeful of finding a plugin. I saw Netflixbmc mentioned on websites and theres a youtube tutorial too. So me trying to be persistent I tried once again. I installed xmbc plugin ok, but on launch, alas it still hangs.

I re-tried Kodi and Yeahhh ...that one works. So I am hoping theres a plugin that works on that.

While going through the plugins I saw Openopera - a web browser! With glee I installed that thinking Netflix is web based so does that hold the holy grail? No, that plugin hangs too so that's 2 plugins that won't launch. I rebooted each time and now I'm stumped again ;(

Am I doing something wrong? can anyone else get those plugins to work?

If you can can you let me know what you did to fix them - I've got my hammer to the ready in case it needs a good bashing.

I can see lots of people are trying to get netflix working on Lynux so I am guessing it's only a matter of time.
    Last edited by orange1234; 2nd March, 2015 at 07:37 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

A Little perplexed as to why the Kodi Plugin hangs seeing as it is Just the user interface to get something along the lines of what you can enjoy on Netflix then you will need to install the Fusion addon which should be installed via the Kodi interface, As i said previously i dont use Kodi on any of my Sat receivers as i have a standalone device which works phenomenally well and gives me access to any TV series or Movie etc.. i want.

Perhaps another user who has got the Kodi plugin installed can lend there experience here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I wansn't clear, Kodi works great, it has 'boxsets' so that's one more request off my wishlist. I am hoping it's a matter time that there's a netflix plugin - hopefully on Kodi, and I'll be ecstatic

Thanks for your help. I'll report back if I find a netflix plugin or workaround that works

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

From reading around it seems the Netflix plugin will not work on an E2 image something to do with how Mips based receivers use Gstreamer for playback of content and not being able to handle any DRM content, Thats probably why we are seeing more Android based receivers as it appears these can run Netflix on the android based system side of things.

If you do a google you will probably find more information, Personally though Kodi as it is with certain plugins installed can do far more than netfix can do again thats just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I'm impressed with Kodi, less so with TS Media. I found box sets on Kodi.

When you say "certain plugins" are these the ones it has in it's downloads section, or do you mean others which can be downloded from Kodi websites and installed separately via usb? If the latter, which ones do you reccomend that will work with Vix?

It's a shame I can't get open opera to work on Vix, it just hangs for me.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You need to install what's called repositories which are basically website addresses that hold data for stuff like your boxsets,Movies,Live TV etc...

You would be better having a read in the XBMC section on this site to get a better insight into what's available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok I've have trawled the Kodi repos/ addons and found this

http://mirror.cinosure.com/superrepo...eo.netflixbmc/

It looks like a new netflix addon for xbmc added 19 Feb 2015

How would I go about installing that? Do you think I could install it under Kodi direct, or would I have to go the xmbc addon (addon) route?

I just thought I'd put it out there before I try to install it blindly (not that I can see an option to add a repo from a usb drive - yet)

Anyone got any thoughts if this will work on vu+ solo2 running Vix?
    Last edited by orange1234; 4th March, 2015 at 05:23 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Again absolutely no idea as i dont run Kodi on my box i have a separate Kodi device and on that if i install external repositories i just place the Zip file on usb goto addons install from zip and do it that way, I have no idea if you do the same through the Kodi plugin for Enigma2

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

sorry to dig up an old thread but its what im actually looking for, whih version of blackhole is the kodi hybrid?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i did use kodi direct with vix and to go further needed to source official sources for stuff from their website,using other things not supported by images may as you said crash box.