Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Question Help please Zgemma H1 Cable and sat box

Hi am hoping i have posted this Thread in the correct place. Am hoping someone can help me out please. I am thinking about purchasing a Zgemma h1 cable box. Now I have tried looking it up and doing my homework before jumping in with both feet. Now if I purchase this box do they usually come installed? what will I need to do to receive cable and sky and also cable/sky skin/theme installed along with channel list? I know about Cccam etc on sat boxes. I would appreciate any help or advice, Thank you

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

We cannot help you with the illegal aspects of the receiver but anything else we can, I have this receiver and it works pretty well for the money if your new to Linux enigma2 then start reading in those threads ie: Dreambox as all guides etc.. are relevant to this box apart from the flashing procedure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Excellent thank you very much. I will take a look. Really haven't a clue when it comes to Enigma2 but these boxes look a lot better than my Openbox v8s. I will have to look into how to flash them but I take it that is the part that can't be discussed here . At the minute I have satellite boxes but am planning on ditching them for a cable one. Any advice on which box to go for, or am I right for choosing the Zgemma H1? Thank you for your reply

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Stick to the Zgemma H1 for the price if you can afford up to around ?150 then the Gigablue UE is worth it as well.

You flash these types of receivers with an image which you place on a USB stick and place into the receiver switch on and it auto flashes the image to the box.

we cant help with the gaining access to the Cams/Lines side, all else is fine to discuss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That's absolutely brilliant, thank you. I never wanted to know about the cams/lines so am happy about that . I thought flashing the boxes was the part we couldn't discuss . So this leads to my final question, in order for it to work on cable will it need flashed or does it not matter? I know on the Kryptview boxes they need flashed so thought it would of been similar to that. Or is this where Cams/lines come into play?

Thanks again you have been really helpful, I really do appreciate your help

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Its the Cam/Lines that cannot be disscussed full stop sorry, Most receivers you buy Linux Enigma2 a lot of the online retailers will Fash an image for you and set it up to a fashion so that you can use it straight out of the box.

the Zgemma I got was already done but i updated to the very latest image set everything up so it was working for both Satellite and Cable then made a Backup. which is what i would recommend you do before you start messing and adding plugins etc.. as if you make a small cockup shall we say you can just flash the backup image straight back on there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you very much, so far I think I might just have everything I need. Am going to order the box and give it ago, just wish there was some sort of guide floating around the internet somewhere. Thank you for the info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I just bought a Zgemma Star H1 box but I have problems trying to scan the bouquets for SG. I am not able to select the provider in SG. Is there any guide to get me started? Any help would be much appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spink123 View Post
    Hi I just bought a Zgemma Star H1 box but I have problems trying to scan the bouquets for SG. I am not able to select the provider in SG. Is there any guide to get me started? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Depends what image you use as the Autobouquets Cable feature of the receiver has been geared up to run on Uk and european cable Net ID's, someone from your own region may be able to help you adding the information to the cable.xml file

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you, is there anybody living in SG able to provide help in adding the information to the cable.xml file?

I am unable to scan using the Automatic Scan as well. In my region only cable tuner is available and but when I go to Automatic Scan it will only search for the Satellite tuner instead of the Cable Tuner.

How do I scan to at least get the FTA channels to get started?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spink123 View Post
    thank you, is there anybody living in SG able to provide help in adding the information to the cable.xml file?

I am unable to scan using the Automatic Scan as well. In my region only cable tuner is available and but when I go to Automatic Scan it will only search for the Satellite tuner instead of the Cable Tuner.

How do I scan to at least get the FTA channels to get started?
    U can find sg bouquet in the download section and transfer the files using dreamboxedit. Inside the bouquet contains cable.xml so u can edit it to include the newer channels frequency. Under tuner configuration, u can set the scan to point to your cable provider once there is cables.xml exist.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ypvs125 For This Useful Post:

digicon (28th March, 2015), jatrophaseed (28th March, 2015)