COBRA1423 IMAGE VER:00.5 IS RELEASED NEW NEW NEW!!!!! - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I originally had 4.0a on my DM800hd, I have upgraded to 5.0 and now the HDD will not initialize. I have gone back to 4.0a but the problem now is the HDD wont initialize on that either. Everything was fine before, any ideas as none of the hardware has been altered, the HDD worked perfect on 4a now it will noton either version. Any help on this would be great, I am sure I cant be the only one.
    Last edited by Krusty; 1st May, 2015 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andiewill View Post
    Yep i would try the usb install, it works good for me.......
    Is it not the case - you've got to browser flash first then do the usb install? please correct me...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnabhoy0407 View Post
    Is it not the case - you've got to browser flash first then do the usb install? please correct me...
    Yes that is correct and when you do the usb install do the first part first then repaet the same sequence for the second part for the usb install, i made the mistake of doing the two parts at the same time where it just hangs on when completing the install ......

ITgate TGM220 (swapable tuner), Dreambox 800 pro, Dreambox 500c x 2, DBox, Popbox media player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnabhoy0407 View Post
    Thank you for the reply but my question is about an internal HDD, as I said earlier the drive was working 100% on the previous version, all I have done is flash via the browser with the latest version and now the HDD will not initialize, it throws an Error with something about the sectors not being 512. I then flashed it back to the earlier version and its the same Error. I have since removed the drive and formatted it to FAT32 and also tried EXT3 but still the same Error. I really would appreciate anyone who has solved this as I just keep going in circles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the same problem with HDD but with an earlier image too, i've disconnected it with the intention of formatting it on a pc before re-installing,
    all i can think of at the moment, elt me know if you get a fix...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Thank you for the reply but my question is about an internal HDD, as I said earlier the drive was working 100% on the previous version, all I have done is flash via the browser with the latest version and now the HDD will not initialize, it throws an Error with something about the sectors not being 512. I then flashed it back to the earlier version and its the same Error. I have since removed the drive and formatted it to FAT32 and also tried EXT3 but still the same Error. I really would appreciate anyone who has solved this as I just keep going in circles.
    You can give this tool a wiz it's a free download http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...mat-Tool.shtml

TBH it may not be worth the trouble trying to save it, but you can always download ubuntu onto a disk (it's linux software) then start your computer from the disk. Don't install just choose trial option as install uses a fair chunk of hdd space.
    You may need to read up on this, but you have a better chance of recovering this way.

good luck 003

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is how far I have got,( I have a Genuine 800hd ) I have completely reflashed the DM800hd with latest Cobra including the Bootloader ssl84, I have also formatted the drive to fat32 and to EXT3 using various Formatting tools but every time I try and initialize the HDD I get this error ( ERROR: WARNING: Could not determine physical sector size for /dev/sda using the logical sector size 512 ). Just to recap, the drive was working perfectly ok on the previous version of Cobra, now it wont work on ether version.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is how far I have got,( I have a Genuine 800hd ) I have completely reflashed the DM800hd with latest Cobra including the Bootloader ssl84, I have also formatted the drive to fat32 and to EXT3 using various Formatting tools but every time I try and initialize the HDD I get this error ( ERROR: WARNING: Could not determine physical sector size for /dev/sda using the logical sector size 512 ). Just to recap, the drive was working perfectly ok on the previous version of Cobra, now it wont work on ether version.
    Mate have you used the HDD Low Level format tool I have pointed you at?
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...mat-Tool.shtml
    There is a option to perform a quick wipe of the partition, then untick that option and format.

Then use this tool :- http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...o=file&id=3144
    you can create a new partition and format in one application

I have used this many times and just recovered a 16g stick this way in 5mins.
    I guess if you fail with this method, bin and buy a new one ?25 of the bay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 00360362878 View Post
    Mate have you used the HDD Low Level format tool I have pointed you at?
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...mat-Tool.shtml
    There is a option to perform a quick wipe of the partition, then untick that option and format.

Then use this tool :- http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...o=file&id=3144
    you can create a new partition and format in one application

I have used this many times and just recovered a 16g stick this way in 5mins.
    I guess if you fail with this method, bin and buy a new one ?25 of the bay
    Just to be clear, the HDD is fine, there is nothing wrong with it. I have removed it and put it in an external usb case to check it. The problem is it wont initialize in the DM800hd (Genuine), if I go to SYSTEM-HARDDISK I can see the HDD listed, the problem starts when I choose INITIALIZE, I then get the ERROR as stated in my last post. I am not trying to recover a damaged HDD but thank you for your help.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Hi
    Ok try this start up DCC go to Telnet and enter these commands one after the other hit enter after typing each command.
    umount /dev/sda1
    mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1
    mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb
    if this dose not work we can try something different.
    Cobra1423

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, I eventually sorted it. A little unconventional but I did it like this, I knew the HDD would initialize using a PLi image so I first loaded Pli and done that, then reflashed back to Cobra and its all working again. Except, now the EPG has decided to only update a few channels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, I eventually sorted it. A little unconventional but I did it like this, I knew the HDD would initialize using a PLi image so I first loaded Pli and done that, then reflashed back to Cobra and its all working again. Except, now the EPG has decided to only update a few channels.
    Just wondered if there was a fix for the EPG yet as its not been working for sometime, only on FTA programmes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone have the EPG working on this image or at least some other way of getting it to update, the image is real nice and I dont really want to change it but would like the EPG to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just wondered if anyone has got a way yet of getting the EPG to update via another address. I like the image but would like a working EPG .....anyone ????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12