Connecting iBook to BT Home Hub 3 Via WiFi
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Connecting iBook to BT Home Hub 3 Via WiFi

At the weekend I got given an iBook G4 for peanuts. Old machine but thought why not will give me an insight to the mac world, test drive it so to speak before making any decision on a real purchase.

Got to my digs yesterday and tried connecting it to the WiFi (router BT HB3) no joy. I can see the router within Airport and connect to it but after that connection errors within the browser. Done a factory reset on it mainly to start from scratch and clear anything from it. Still no joy with WiFi and have looked up on this and from what I can tell I would need to change the routers configuration to 802.11 b/g from b/g/n. Is there any other way around this? Not really an issue changing it other than all my devices are N range compatible.

Cheers.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Is your wi-fi on WPA encription.??
    If it is drop back to WEP encription, I don't think iBooks with the older Airport card can run on WPA.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gopher7 For This Useful Post:

garry1312 (9th April, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

yep seems to be the issue mate. Rather than changing settings to the hotels router I may be better off buying a wifi dongle..... may be a bigger challenge though

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.