No channels in Bham - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

well we know Lichfield has had problems all along, but you and gabby only ones, don't see forums full of my box down soz lads, its ur ends.
    Last edited by ASEK; 24th June, 2015 at 12:54 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

back to the same story what have you done to recheck your correct box info as like in the lichfield fix,recheck from a main providers box to see if info has changed.has the channel list changed if you factory reset and scanned from main feed?

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

sorry for all the fuss. done as said by cactikid and back on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to guppyabby For This Useful Post:

cactikid (24th June, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guppyabby View Post
    is this the end then.
    so its not the end phewwwwwwwww

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It is for me, after 5 years of entertainment with this easy to use box it's time for a little upgrade. Looking forward to full HD again and no glitching. Time to move on, thanks for the viewing KV!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gary229 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (29th June, 2015)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Just a quick one , mine has been glitching badly for weeks now . Is it just a case of practising what I preach and showing patience or is there anything else I could have a bash at?
    The Truth is out there ..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Patience I believe is your only answer to that Truth! On, off, glitching, works well then back to on, off etc etc.
    These boxes have served us all well and if you have patience and can put up with these minor glitches, they still perform well.
    But as you can see from my post above, it's now time for me to upgrade and enjoy the HD scene again and looking forward to it too!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't think I would have the technical knowledge to upgrade in all honesty ! This one was purchased / installed by someone and since then I have just picked up bits of knowledge of the good guys on here to update , re scan etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Truth, when I say upgrade I mean sell your kv box and buy a Amiko t/c mini HD. Then you go looking for pointers as to getting it operational!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Let me know how you go with it and let me know!
    I would never knock KV as it was just a case of it being plugged in and then away I went really , other than SW updates and the like.
    "buy a Amiko t/c mini HD. Then you go looking for pointers as to getting it operational" This is the worrying bit , I am hopeless !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in London and have had three different boxes. This last Kryptview HD has definately been the best but the last week it has gliched so badly that it is not worth watching. It is every few minutes glitching. Does anyone else have the same problem or anyone got any ideas for me please (apart from buy another box) Many thanks

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

well i think kv have run their course and glitching will always be there as boxes are now old 780 more so.channels in hd much better.
    what i posted elsewhere.

cable boxes and combos

posted elsewhere to give people info of whats out there,if buying do research and see what back up the units have like support.

MIRACLEBOX PREMIUM MINI HD e2 box can run vix and abm ?149
    Q5 HD PVR mentioned as a weak tuner. reported hdmi does not work on panasonic,sony and philips tvs
    Openbox C4
    Amiko Mini HD
    Amiko Mini Combo
    Cloud iBox 3 ibox 3 has a weak cable tuner needs a very strong signal to work.
    Estar 800HD SE
    Estar 800HD SE Triple
    Sunray 800HD SR3
    Sunray 800HD SE SR4
    Blade Combo
    DM800c
    VU+ Uno
    VU+ Ultimo
    VU+ Duo 2
    Gigablue SE
    Gigablue SE+
    Gigablue UE
    Gigablue UE+
    Gigablue Quad
    Gigablue Quad+
    Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 HD COMBO Receiver (1x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2)
    zgemma-star so far poor instructions contained getting good feedback and support now.
    octagon sf 918cg se closed source not e2 receiver
    Vu+ Solo SE Single Tuner DVB-C/T Linux HD PVR
    TM NANO SE COMBO
    XTREND ET8000 2X DVBC/T/T2 + 1 free tuner slot

only trouble these boxes are not free viewing and forum rules apply.

do amiko boxes not suffer from bad hd on cable with low signal areas??
    Last edited by cactikid; 2nd July, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angel06 View Post
    I'm in London and have had three different boxes. This last Kryptview HD has definately been the best but the last week it has gliched so badly that it is not worth watching. It is every few minutes glitching. Does anyone else have the same problem or anyone got any ideas for me please (apart from buy another box) Many thanks
    I'm having the same issue and have read loads of posts on other forums from people who are too, therefore it must be an issue at the KV end so all you can do is wait it out until it gets sorted I'm afraid.

If it all goes pete tong then I may look into getting a gigablue HD combo box with a vix image. Plenty of guides and info available if you are willing to do some reading, although you would have to pay a monthly sub.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Glitching

Quote Originally Posted by Wellinever View Post
    I'm having the same issue and have read loads of posts on other forums from people who are too, therefore it must be an issue at the KV end so all you can do is wait it out until it gets sorted I'm afraid.

If it all goes pete tong then I may look into getting a gigablue HD combo box with a vix image. Plenty of guides and info available if you are willing to do some reading, although you would have to pay a monthly sub.
    Many thanks. I bought the A850 which is an HD only about a year ago. This is the third box I have bought so I am thinking it is not becoming even more expensive than normal. Cost me ?250 last year. Not sure what to do. Looks like it is not going to get fixed as we are being advised to buy other boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many thanks for post. Are you saying that you don't think the KV service will be fixed please? I bought the HD 850 version last year, I think. I bought it for ?250. Seems a lot of money to keep paying for only a year. I have had 3 different boxes now. Feeling really upset if this is the case.
    Last edited by angel06; 3rd July, 2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: This post is to reply to CACTIKID'S post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast