Register

Thread: openbox v8s EPG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default openbox v8s EPG

Can someone tell me whether there is problem with the boxes software that will not allow more than 1 hours EPG listing of programs. I have heard that it is supposed to show you up to 7 days but my box only shows me 1-2 hours worth of programs.

Can someone please tell me if this is something wrong from my side and how i would change the setting for 7 days to work.

Thanks
    Last edited by amit chauhan; 27th June, 2015 at 07:36 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

It sound like your using the 'Sat' epg and not the 'Xmltv' epg. To get the 'Xmltv' epg you need to have a USB drive in the box at all times and set it up via the remote: menu-sytem setup-epg and time settings.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

You will also need the latest firmware from skybox.cc dated 2015/05/19 if you haven't already installed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    You will also need the latest firmware from skybox.cc dated 2015/05/19 if you haven't already installed it.
    How can i check the current firmware on my open box v8s. I have tried changing to xmltv but i get a EPG decompressed failed message on United Kingdom.
    Last edited by amit chauhan; 30th June, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amit chauhan View Post
    How can i check the current firmware on my open box v8s. I have tried changing to xmltv but i get a EPG decompressed failed message on United Kingdom.
    On the remote, menu-tools-information

But if you‘re getting the 'epg decompressed fault' it sounds like you have an older firmware installed, as 2015/05/19 firmware was brought out to fix this problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

Hadron (30th June, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have checked the software version and it is dated 7/12/2014 which means it is out of date. I would like to know whether the server settings will be deleted during the update and also how would i be able to save the current server settings.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

When you install the new firmware, select "Keeping DBS & setting" = yes. This should keep all your current settings.

Although it should keep all your settings, make sure your "important information" is already backed up to your pc or USB stick first. To do this, you will need to "dump by USB" & select "misc files". Scroll to "select & dump" & press OK. From the list, select the appropriate files.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    When you install the new firmware, select "Keeping DBS & setting" = yes. This should keep all your current settings.

Although it should keep all your settings, make sure your "important information" is already backed up to your pc or USB stick first. To do this, you will need to "dump by USB" & select "misc files". Scroll to "select & dump" & press OK. From the list, select the appropriate files.
    so you are saying that within the "misc file" my server settings including username and password will be saved and i can just revert back to them.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amit chauhan View Post
    so you are saying that within the "misc file" my server settings including username and password will be saved and i can just revert back to them.
    Your important info will be in 1 of 2 possible places. We cannot discuss this in detail on these forums due to the rules. If you don't already have this information on your pc, then you will need to dump it to your memory stick.

The chaces are that everything will still work as normal after you have installed the new firmware, but it's always best to have a backup, just in case.