Openbox/Skybox - add iptv streaming ulr to channel list? - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the useful info although just to add some useful tips from what I've gathered looking into said matter
    I've came to the conclusion to add said M3U files it is best to use a San Disc memory stick because they can
    transfer data in Linux as well as say for example Microsoft in other words different types of Data & also they
    read digital data/commands as well. I've also trying loading said data using other sticks & it either does not
    recognise web-tv file or in some cases it recognises it but when it tries to Upload it, it comes back with an
    Error Message & it's not the data that is the error it's reading the stick anyway one can purchase said San-Disc
    Stick (7GB) for just ?4 from Flee-Bay it's worth the purchase & it certainly does the trick

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BJTT For This Useful Post:

tichmc9 (2nd June, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just started to play with this on v8s, i get the channel list up but all black ? o kbs showing ...........
    any help or pointers apreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

its just that the list u have downloded has been turned off, look for another list, and so on........................c

A LITTLE THANX GOES A LONG WAY

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chris31560 For This Useful Post:

alladdin (4th June, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris31560 View Post
    its just that the list u have downloded has been turned off, look for another list, and so on........................c
    ok moving forward, and i am worried i may break rules here hence quoting you as an alert .... i loaded ( said success )a single entry thats a mix as follows

http://your.url.address:NUMBER/get.php?username=YOURNAME&password=PASSWORD&type=m3u&output=mpegts

it only shows one channel called "no name" so not working but must be close - am i missing anything ?

i know box not suitable but i want a play before committing........

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alladdin View Post
    ok moving forward, and i am worried i may break rules here hence quoting you as an alert .... i loaded ( said success )a single entry thats a mix as follows

http://your.url.address:NUMBER/get.php?username=YOURNAME&password=PASSWORD&type=m3u&output=mpegts

it only shows one channel called "no name" so not working but must be close - am i missing anything ?

i know box not suitable but i want a play before committing........
    i take it you are trying to load the url onto a openbox v8s if so it will come up as a success but you get no channels thats because you are trying to load a php file not a m3u file, m3u files consist of a list the web addresses for all of the usual tv channels.
    if you have a android app for iptv loaded on a phone/firestick then you can input the web address you will get the channels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dasteph View Post
    i take it you are trying to load the url onto a openbox v8s if so it will come up as a success but you get no channels thats because you are trying to load a php file not a m3u file, m3u files consist of a list the web addresses for all of the usual tv channels.
    if you have a android app for iptv loaded on a phone/firestick then you can input the web address you will get the channels.
    yes v8s. so the only way it will work is if i have a complete list of channels ? i have tried several but all down.
    ref the file above , why does it include the section " type=m3u " ?
    cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alladdin View Post
    yes v8s. so the only way it will work is if i have a complete list of channels ? i have tried several but all down.
    ref the file above , why does it include the section " type=m3u " ?
    cheers
    the address will take you to a server that has the channels installed as a m3u files.
    as i said in the post try it in a iptv android app, put in the address in and it will give you the channels you will also need a player such as mx player installed in order to watch the channels.
    Last edited by dasteph; 13th June, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dasteph For This Useful Post:

alladdin (15th June, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how have you done it mate I m struggling I am new to all this I have dont alot of research but still struggling can you help plz

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnheman View Post
    how have you done it mate I m struggling I am new to all this I have dont alot of research but still struggling can you help plz
    what parts are you struggling with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what parts are you struggling with.
    sorry dasteph, i will answer in his behalf and ask about what i am struggling about, i just bought OP v8s , i really can't get work any file (m3u) that i downloaded from the internet even they are working with VLC , does the file have to be for openbox ? actually I'm newbie in this domain. Any answer is appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

there is no specific file for web tv on a openbox, the m3u files must be renamed exactly Webtv then loaded into the open box in order for it to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there is no specific file for web tv on a openbox, the m3u files must be renamed exactly Webtv then loaded into the open box in order for it to work.
    i did it and always (Read WebTv.m3u failed) i tried everything i can, but still failing.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by za3tot178 View Post
    sorry dasteph, i will answer in his behalf and ask about what i am struggling about, i just bought OP v8s , i really can't get work any file (m3u) that i downloaded from the internet even they are working with VLC , does the file have to be for openbox ? actually I'm newbie in this domain. Any answer is appreciated.
    thanks in advance.
    in a another post it was mentioned that the file encoded to work in vlc will not work in openbox.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dasteph For This Useful Post:

za3tot178 (22nd July, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in a another post it was mentioned that the file encoded to work in vlc will not work in openbox.
    i see, but i downloaded from a link found in the second page of this thread but , really, can't get it work. everyone says that it got work for them, but i can't get work.
    before make them read by USB do i have to connect the box first to the internet ?

edit : I went to Tools and clicked Dump by USB, then choose Misc files, then Slect and Dump, after that i choose the 2nd option WebTV.m3u (Web Stream ) click Add after that Dump. once it reach 100% it will ask to click Info to see the result, if the result in OK. i returned to WebTV and i could read the webtv.m3u successfully. But the problem now is, there only a blank screen.
    Last edited by za3tot178; 22nd July, 2017 at 03:36 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by za3tot178 View Post
    i see, but i downloaded from a link found in the second page of this thread but , really, can't get it work. everyone says that it got work for them, but i can't get work.
    before make them read by USB do i have to connect the box first to the internet ?

edit : I went to Tools and clicked Dump by USB, then choose Misc files, then Slect and Dump, after that i choose the 2nd option WebTV.m3u (Web Stream ) click Add after that Dump. once it reach 100% it will ask to click Info to see the result, if the result in OK. i returned to WebTV and i could read the webtv.m3u successfully. But the problem now is, there only a blank screen.
    the box must be connected to the internet when you load the m3u file as the file is a series of web addresses for each individual channel.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dasteph For This Useful Post:

za3tot178 (22nd July, 2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast