Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Default VW Passat B6 steering lock

Guys, looking for some advice.
    Yellow then red steering wheel symbol plus beep, beep, beep etc. No dash lights, ignition etc. Steering lock ON.
    Removed lock, turned motor to lock off position.
    Yellow then red steering wheel symbol plus beep, beep, beep etc. Dash lights, display 'steering lock faulty'
    Press key, engine starts and cuts out (Immobiliser)
    Transport car to VW dealer. Fit new steering lock, lock refuses to code. Dealer tries second new steering lock, refuses to accept code.
    Dealer sends logs to VAG UK.
    VAG UK say must fit new CCM and another new lock.
    Must pay even if it does not work.
    My VCDS log attached.
    Can I use any eeprom reader to get dump from CCM 95320?
    Is this dump all I need to get pin?
    Can a secondhand CCM be virginised and reused?
    Dealer tells me both new steering locks are now scrap (as code once only) Can one of these be virginised and reused?
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

I experience this fault quite often myself (Yellow then red steering wheel symbol plus beep, beep, beep etc. No dash lights, ignition etc. Steering lock ON).
    It always happen for me when gearbox is in reverse. I set the gear in neutral and try once more. And everything is OK.

I also read at this forum that the micro switches in the steering lock often fail over time. And when changing these the failure will disappear.
    Maybe someone with genuine AVDI can confirm steering lock virgin and reuse.

CCM eeprom is all you need to get PIN and CS. With good tool. Or some help from this forum.
    You could solder over to the new CCM. Or I guess just write from old EEPROM to new.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Weasel3 For This Useful Post:

Diagnosticated (29th August, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Thanks for reply.
    Dealer have fitted two brand new locks. Neither of them will accept programming.
    I will get car back and try to read 95320 with eeprom reader. Does anyone know if I can use
    one of the 'new' steering locks that VW dealer say will not program?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Yes on some models depends on vin the ccm must be replaced too.
    Which year is your car?

Avdi cant adapt elv yet, but you can try by yourself with vcds all you need is the pin. The info what you need to do was posted in this forum.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to offsystem For This Useful Post:

Diagnosticated (29th August, 2015), obdsystems (2nd September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Thanks. Car is 2005.
    My problem is that VW say new steering lock will not code to car and is now useless as they have tried to code it once and you only get one attempt with their tool.
    I also suspect ccm is faulty. So I need way to make steering lock 'as new' and ccm 'as new' or make second hand ccm 'as new'
    I am waiting for car to be transported back to me. When I get car I will try to read immo chip from ccm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

hello ddid u solve u r problem ?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I also search for a way to make ccm and elv virgin again.
    Which pn ccm you have?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

as far as I know, no one can virginize the steering locks yet, ccm can however.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

This seems to be a regular problem, I had a 2005 passat with steering lock fault, read comfort unit for pincode, put back but unable to code anything - went to dealers in the end, NEW ECU, NEW CCM, NEW KEYS, NEW STEER LOCK, AND BIG ??$$

I dont touch these anymore!

Ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!
    NEVER SAY IT CANT BE DONE!!
    The thanks button works wonders!!
    DONT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR OTHER MEMBERS WORK OR PASSWORDS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ninja123 For This Useful Post:

obdsystems (2nd September, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I have had same problem.
    You need NEW ccm from dealers and they have to program it from new (as if old one was stolen), but remove the old unit before you take it so they dont read it.
    Their machine tries to copy the old info into the new unit, but the problem is that the flash is corrupt and they copy the corrupt flash data into the new unit.
    The flash chip in the new ccm is different to the older ones so you can't use a secondhand one to get the flash out of.
    so you need to configure it from start, and then you can use one of the new esl/elv you already have bought because the old ccm cant have written to it.
    I did one with a autologic, over the phone with their help/support line, but it took hours on the phone and then about 1 hour to upload the 2 mb flash thro the obd, and honestly it would be better to pay the dealer to do it, because they would have a download from the factory for that vin.
    It wasn't worth all the time it took.
    I didn't find out what corrupted the flash but i think it was something to do with the steering lock failure, because the new lock brought the car back to life, but i couldn't adapt it in, because the ccm wouldn't accept the pin i took from the
    eeprom.
    Hope this helps you

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pianoman58 For This Useful Post:

Diagnosticated (2nd September, 2015), obdsystems (2nd September, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    756 Posts

What do you mean old info to new unit?
    Every eeprom is crypted on its own way,and you can't just copy it into another unit.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I mean't that when you use the vw tool to install a new ccm, it asks you to save the info (data) from the orig (faulty )unit, before you fit the new one, so if the data is corrupt you will put it into the new unit.

I compared the data in my 95320 with other dumps that i had saved from other jobs and others from off here, and it all looked much the same apart from the keys etc. so i installed my new ccm with autologic but it was exactly the same.

Over the next days with many phone calls to autologic help desk, i managed to eventually get it to work and adapt in the new esl/elv with the original keys.
    When it was finally working ok i removed the 95320 and read it and it was very nearly identical dump to what i had started with, with the orig ccm unit which i read in the first place to get the pin to adapt the new esl.
    So i decided that the failure must have been in the flash data, caused somehow by the failure of the esl.

Looking back i'm sure that with autologic help, i could of probably done the same job to the original ccm and it would have been fixed. I couldn't write the new flash file to the orig flash chip because it was different chip in the new ccm.

So hence my advice to others to let the dealers fit and program the new ccm without the old unit being there at all.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pianoman58 For This Useful Post:

Diagnosticated (2nd September, 2015), HeXeN (11th October, 2015), ninja123 (1st September, 2015), Weasel3 (2nd September, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simaservis1108 View Post
    What do you mean old info to new unit?
    Every eeprom is crypted on its own way,and you can't just copy it into another unit.
    Is it not working by swapping eeprom content from ccm to other one?

I thought all data is just in eeprom

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I also tried to adapt 2nd hand ccm with odis dealer account but as you say it is not possible it must be new.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to offsystem For This Useful Post:

Diagnosticated (2nd September, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

If thats the case I am thinking that you could possibly virginize the ccm with avdi the relearn it to the vehicle then learn the elv?......Ive not tried it, but I'd think it would work

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast