Register
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

There is no password, simply press return.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no password, simply press return.

Unfortunately, my brother, I mean, how

How can you be back
    Does it keep order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tuxbox still down guys best to try in 24h our so sometimes takes them a while to sort it but there on with it

cheers

osborne82

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you my brothers to Help
    I am still trying to get the result
    I hope I did not take much of your time

Please accept my greetings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow here was I patting myself on the back about loading a new image etc to my new Dreambox. The phrase "you have a lot to learn grasshopper springs to mind." Fascinating stuff guys. I'll try and keep up!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi to all

Is any possibility to edit files of DM500 Dreambox Image *.img in my windows pc
    Last edited by ermal20; 11th December, 2008 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi all
    how to add my own skin to the image as built in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a superb work. I have decided ( I have the time now...yes I just retired) to tackle Dreambox ( I have two going three 500/600/800) FROM a new Angle I am calling the project "Dreambox Internals" The new angle is basically a Task oriented. Let me explain:

When you hit the Blue button on the Remote what actually happens (Internally)to draw the window on the TV screen. WHY you need that ? you might ask
    Let me expand If you hit the menu ( yet another task) you get your selection NUMBERED so you a hit a number and you save playing with the cursor BUT in the blue key you do not get that you have to scroll Now the magics of playing with the box CAN I MODIFY THAT ? There are hundreds of possibility. If you have a decent document on how the box behaves internally Improvement will come to surface in a more fun way

I hope I made myself clear and a help from you guys will be able to key in google "Dreambox Internals" And you get the wiki that I am dreaming about ONE DAY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by arishy View Post

When you hit the Blue button on the Remote what actually happens (Internally)to draw the window on the TV screen. WHY you need that ? you might ask
    Let me expand If you hit the menu ( yet another task) you get your selection NUMBERED so you a hit a number and you save playing with the cursor BUT in the blue key you do not get that you have to scroll Now the magics of playing with the box CAN I MODIFY THAT ? There are hundreds of possibility. If you have a decent document on how the box behaves internally Improvement will come to surface in a more fun way
    Of Course you can modify that!

You can modify any menu option you want inside enigma.
    The Smartcam-manager or Emu-manager that you talk about is NOT part of the CVS.
    Official CVS has no emu-manager,,, this is something you need too add yourself anyway,, so building one with numbered options is defo do-able.
    Box remote is all based around rcdm****.xml.. which stores the keymaps and links to enigma,
    what else would you like to know?
    boom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An eye opener that what you are.
    Then I will be more specific. Here how I read the post. You build your OWN image FROM the source Flash it to the Dreambox. WHAT do I get ????

Are you saying all the GUI interface are OUTSIDE the image. Bare with me here. I am picking "simple" example so with the little I know I get a kick start. You hit menu in RC do I get menu screen or I have to add this to the IMAGE Please I did not start yet with the compilation process so I do not know what I getting once I have the image.

I know you call that hand holding and I need that but I promise I will move faster once I know what I am doing.....Thank you for your understanding

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

The blue button menus are not in the image by default. I think by default the blue button menu is the plugins menu, this is there by default, but some creators move it to the yellow or green button and use the blue button for additional menus or an emu manager. The button assignments are stored in /share/tuxbox/resources/rcdm5xxx.xml.

My advice would be to start with a basic cvs image, get it compiled and flashed to your box and have a play and see what you've got.

There are various teams which have released their source code so depending on the menu, it may already be available, you just need to edit the source or apply the patch and that's you. Although the CVS changes constantly so patches tend to fail after a while because the code it's looking for is changed or not there any more.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

CVS image is like official image,, no cam support,, so no blue panel or emu-manager as Devilfish said,

Cams could only be installed manually if you done no editing to image before you compiled.

AS devilfish also said,, best idea would be get a fresh CVS,, test out your building & Compiling first before trying to add extras, and then take it from there,
    boom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just finished downloading the preconfigured Linux that you kindly provided in this post.
    I will follow your advice and your response(s) really get me going ....

I will be back.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by arishy View Post
    I just finished downloading the preconfigured Linux that you kindly provided in this post.
    I will follow your advice and your response(s) really get me going ....

I will be back.......
    Glad to hear it,, goodluck,
    any worries i would start a new post in dev section here,,,, this sticky gets a bit long when filled with compile errors or issues
    boom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad that you mentioned it. I will NOT bother you guys with anything that I can sort out myself. Especially I downloaded the preconfigured one. BUT
    After I do my home work ( Compiling, playing AND comparing with released images)
    I want to come back and relate the CORE which is here with what I found out.

Do you thing a new post is better approach ?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast