Register
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Zgemma 2s OpenAtv 5.3 Backup Image with Improved $ky Skin

As Many members know, I updated to a H series Zgemma a while back, but DK member 'madness85' has an original Zgemma S and has developed his image for use by others on the forum, this image will work on a Zgemma S or 2S

Openatv5.3 Backup Image with New improved SkyQ Skin, OTA update safe
    * AutoBuoquetsMaker autoupdate daily @04:00
    * Epg Importer autoupdate daily @07:00
    * SkyQ Skin Thanks to the author Chabs@TK forum **Many Thanks**
    * SNP PIcons

You must have 4gb USB drive or a larger USB drive permanently connected if you want to record programs and use the EPG, also the box connect by LAN to the internet.

Due to this been on DK forums, I won?t give instructions on how to install any lines, all I?ll say is Blue button and second option down then ask google.

Openatv5.3 Stable download link below
    Install Backup image
    1. On PC format USB drive to FAT32 (quick)
    2. Unzip ?Openatv Backup image.zip? image
    3. Transfer ?zgemma? folder to root of USB drive
    4. Insert USB into SAT box (Rear USB port) and Power on.
    5. Once ?USB? displayed on Box a quick press and release ?standby? button on box, this will then display ?FLASH?
    6. Leave box, it should take 5 mins to flash then it will auto boot into BBC 1 HD

Setup for Twin Tuner Zgemma 2s
    Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Tuner config
    1. Scroll down to 'Tuner B' and press ok
    2. Set 'configuration mode' to 'Equal to'
    3. Reboot

Set Up USB Hard drive for Recording/Time shift and EPG storage
    1. Remove USB Boot drive and Insert your Storage USB drive
    2. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Initialisation, Select your drive and format it
    3. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Ext3 to Ext4, Select your drive and change filesystem
    4. Menu-info Panel-Plugins- Swap Manager, Blue to create 256mb,
    Green to activate, yellow to autostart
    5. Reboot

Important Notice
    Due to the fact I can't update this image anymore, it is best to update the software on the Zgemma first before proceeding to the Autobouquetsmaker setup, this will insure all correct channels are acquired by the user.
    1. Menu-setup-Software Management-software update then once updates found press
    Green to Update.
    2. Zgemma should auto reboot else do a manual reboot

AutoBuoquetsMaker (ABM) ie auto channel finder and favs maker
    ABM is already setup for the London Custom Area, with Adult channel/etc hidden .

If you wish to change Sky UK area from London or to unhid/hid Adult/etc then;
    Menu-setup-service searching-ABM-Providers to the following;
    ? Sky UK Area- Scroll right to get ?your area? custom ie mine?s Scottish East Custom this will replace all none working HD channels with their working SD conterparts
    ? Menu-setup-service searching- ABM -Hide Bouquets tick/untick as required, green to save
    ? Menu-setup-service searching- ABM-Start Scan, this will add all the relevant channels for your area

Setting up EPG
    EPG is set to update at 07:00 daily, but the initial download needs to be carried out
    1. Menu-Setup-Epg-EpgImporter
    2. Press 'Yellow' then select 'Yes' (It does take a few seconds to start and the download will goto about 90k+ events)
    3. Ensure Menu-Setup-EPG-settings ?EPG Location? is correct ?/media/hdd?, if says ?internal? scroll to ?/media/hdd?
    4. Menu-Setup-EPG-load/save/delete ? save EPG

**Remember for the EPG and Channel lists to Update daily the Zgemma needs to be in 'standby' at night**
    **If you prefer to turn the Zgemma fully off at night then Menu-Setup-EPG-Epg Importer-config and set the update time to a time of your convenience during the day, else the EPG won't update'

System image & Plugin updates
    menu-setup-software management-software update. Wait for the updates to be shown then press 'green' button, do this weekly or monthly your personal choice.

**Thanks to toe471 for confirming that the image will also work on a Zgemma H1 combi box, it has also been confirmed by 3pinplug that the cable side of the H1 will work, however, the instructions for cable ain't included in this guide**

**Thanks to ginoworm for confirming that the image will also work on a Zgemma H2 combi box, however, this image is configured for a Satellite setup, it is unconfirmed whether the cable side of the H2 will work**

Happy_highlander added a quick guide on how to setup the cable side if required here
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...=1#post2714288

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by martin035; 11th March, 2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: 5.3 New Build

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

3pinplug (8th January, 2016), benjidog (11th September, 2016), biffo1 (1st November, 2015), blueboy510 (14th April, 2016), darcu5 (24th August, 2016), Hadron (13th October, 2015), happy_highlander (20th October, 2015), ironside211 (22nd December, 2015), Jacko75 (17th September, 2016), jovie (14th October, 2015), KB007 (13th December, 2015), maca (9th December, 2015), MelvisP (10th November, 2015), miktang (19th October, 2015), musky1970 (19th October, 2015), neilesh (15th February, 2016), nistleboy (8th November, 2015), oilyd (20th May, 2016), port06 (6th February, 2017), r1dave (14th December, 2015), rigsby71 (13th October, 2015), satsmo (14th October, 2015), sheikys (9th August, 2016), stu1966 (18th April, 2016), tat1 (20th December, 2015), toe471 (8th November, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin035 View Post
    Openatv5.1 Backup Image with New improved Sky Skin, OTA update safe
    ? AutoBuoquetsMaker update daily @04:00
    ? Crossepg update daily @04:30
    ? Slyk1 Skin Thanks to the author Kiddac@TK forum **Many Thanks**
    ? SNP PIcons

You must have 4gb USB drive or a larger USB drive permanently connected if you want to record programs and use the EPG, also the box connect by LAN to the internet.

Due to this been on DK forums, I won?t give instructions on how to install any lines, all I?ll say is Blue button and second option down then ask google.

Code:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B69HUHxV40laOVZ5dW5aZUFxOGc/view?pli=1
    click on the download arrow

Install Backup image
    1. On PC format USB drive to FAT32 (quick)
    2. Unzip ?Openatv Backup image.zip? image
    3. Transfer ?zgemma? folder to root of USB drive
    4. Insert USB into SAT box and Power on.
    5. Once ?USB? displayed on Box a quick press and release ?standby? button on box, this will then display ?FLASH?
    6. Leave box, it should take 5 mins to flash then it will auto boot into BBC 1 HD

Set Up USB Hard drive for Recording/Time shift and EPG storage
    1. Remove USB Boot drive and Insert your Storage USB drive
    2. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Initialisation, Select your drive and format it
    3. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Ext3 to Ext4, Select your drive and change filesystem
    4. Menu-info Panel-Plugins- Swap Manager, Blue to create 256mb, Green to activate, yellow to autostart

AutoBuoquetsMaker (ABM) ie auto channel finder and favs maker
    ABM is already setup for the London Custom Area, with Adult channel/etc hidden .
    Setanta HD, Eurosport HD, RTEHD, TV3HD and AMC from BTHD are in the Favourite(TV) bouquet

If you wish to change Sky UK area from London or to unhid/hid Adult/etc then;
    Menu-setup-service searching-ABM-Providers to the following;
    ? Sky UK Area- Scroll right to get ?your area? custom ie mine?s Scottish East Custom this will replace all none working HD channels with their working SD conterparts
    ? Menu-setup-service searching- ABM -Hide Bouquets tick/untick as required, green to save
    ? Menu-setup-service searching-ABM-Delete Bouquets
    ? Menu-setup-service searching- ABM-Start Scan, this will add all the relevant channels for your area

Setting up EPG
    EPG is set to update at 04:30 daily, but the initial download needs to be carried out
    1. Ensure Menu-system-EPG-Crossepg ?storage location? is correct, if says ?internal? change to ?your usb drive name?
    2. Menu-system-EPG-Crossepg-Download Now and let the epg update
    3. Ensure Menu-system-EPG-settings ?EPG Location?is correct if says ?internal? scroll to ?/media/hdd?
    4. Menu-system-EPG-load/save/delete ? save EPG

System image and Plugin updates
    menu-setup-software management-software update. Wait for the updates to be shown then press 'green' button, do this weekly or monthly your personal choice.
    lovely neat and crisp image..ta bud
    only problem I have is my channel nos
    In 'all channels' they start with 101
    but in the bouquets lists....they are starting in the 1000s eg 1039
    thanks again

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by musky1970 View Post
    lovely neat and crisp image..ta bud
    only problem I have is my channel nos
    In 'all channels' they start with 101
    but in the bouquets lists....they are starting in the 1000s eg 1039
    thanks again
    That's the way ABM's whitelist kicks out the channel list, it's the default setting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

musky1970 (20th October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ta bud...can and how do i change so channel nos are the same in the bouquets?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Have a little think about about the way a channel list is compiled and you'll understand the numbering. To enable the channels to match official sly numbering it has to be done in the first bouquet which is all channels so that when you hit 103 you get itvhd and so on. This means all subsequent copies of the same service (channel) in the categorised bouquets will be a different number. The channel numbers in the categorised bouquet must start from a number higher than the last (highest) official sly channel number. If you want specific channels on specific numbers that sets different from sly you need to create your own list using dbe but the same basic rules will apply one channel number per bouquet entry, by that i mean if you have itv hd in an hd bouquet and an entertainment bouquet both channels will have different numbers. Yes you can choose alternative numbering but I'm not going to get into that, once you understand the concept you'll figure that out for yourself.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

digicon (20th October, 2015), martin035 (20th October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi this image work with h1 box ?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by divyesh View Post
    hi this image work with h1 box ?
    It should work, but as I haven't got a H1 I haven't tested it on it, it's up to you whether you you try it. However, H1 and S2 share the same chipset so in theory it will after boot up just require a reconfiguration of tuner A and tuner B, then on Autobouquetsmaker you will need to delete the present bouquets and configure ABM for cable and Satellite. Also config Crossepg for cable as well.

It might be better and least stressful, just to use digicon's backup image here and once installed just do an over the air update to 5.1

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ATV-5-0-Backup

11. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

digicon (20th October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You cant flash an 2S image on a H1 as the tuner is DVB-C you can flash say an H2 image on a H1 and vice versa but not where the 2 tuners are different.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

martin035 (20th October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi i have zgamma stars2s but iv got no bt extra can u help me please im new to zgamma as iv got a openbox v8s as well

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thedazza View Post
    hi i have zgamma stars2s but iv got no bt extra can u help me please im new to zgamma as iv got a openbox v8s as well
    Are you using my backup image? If you are press 'fav' then scroll down to the 'BT interactive' bouquets, BT extra channels in there.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Autobouquets doesn't put the bt extra into a bouquet. Send the channel list to dbe and add them to a new bouquet from the services then set abm not to remove non abm bouquets

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Autobouquets doesn't put the bt extra into a bouquet. Send the channel list to dbe and add them to a new bouquet from the services then set abm not to remove non abm bouquets
    Happy_h m8, sorry but autobouquetmaker does, it makes a 'BT interactive' bouquet then places the following channels inside; BT mosaic, BT extra mosaic and BT extra 1 to 6 channels.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

digicon (21st October, 2015), happy_highlander (21st October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Yes the last few releases of ABM have added the BT Sport Extra channels now to there own FAV folder

20. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

martin035 (21st October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin035 View Post
    Happy_h m8, sorry but autobouquetmaker does, it makes a 'BT interactive' bouquet then places the following channels inside; BT mosaic, BT extra mosaic and BT extra 1 to 6 channels.
    Cheers Martin. I'll check again this morning. I done an online update of my brother in laws box yesterday and was sure I'd rescanned abm. Obviously not

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

digicon (21st October, 2015), martin035 (21st October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default OpenAtv5.1 Updated

New OpenAtv5.1 Backup Image added, due to problems with over the air software updates

• Tuner A set to 'Simple' and Send DISCqC set to 'Yes' **OTA Software updates now Working**
    • slyk HD Skin updated to v1.53
    • 'All Channels' bouquet added
    • EPG Service List Mode put to 'name' to improve EPG Speed
    • InforBar 'Picon' added
    • AMCfromBTHD added to 'Entertainment' bouquet
    Last edited by martin035; 26th October, 2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: New Update 26/10

Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast