Solo 2 and VLC Problem
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Solo 2 and VLC Problem

Hi all - I recently got a new PC and use VLC playlist to watch channels from my Vu Solo 2 upstairs. Until now when i zapped to a channel on VLC it would pause for a second (as determined by my VLC settings cache) but the channel would show straight away

Now, when i change channel on VLC i get a grey screen for a few seconds with audio then the grey will unblock in blocky textures, before the channel will show.

I have tried every VLC setting imagainable, even reinstalled VLC and cannot get channels to open without teh awful grey screen first

Has anyone ever encountered this or knows of a solution/cause?

its a new pc 4.6 ghz, 8 mb with a Nvidia GTX 960 ,so the hardware isnt the issue

i really want it back to how smooth ti always was but cannot for the life of me work out how to stop this grey screen problem

Cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Maybe the hardware settings aren't correct on graphics card on a quick search quite a few people have suffered same type of problem. Check settings in nvidia control panel.
    Last edited by DOUGALMCD; 21st October, 2015 at 05:15 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

badman56 (5th November, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for this

i have tried this and changed all Nvidia settings but still it persists

it only happens on non HD channels - all HD channels work fine? does that give anyone any clue as to what it could be??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

is there a setup for vlc with solo2? used to use media player but cant get vlc to work on windows 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edevs View Post
    is there a setup for vlc with solo2? used to use media player but cant get vlc to work on windows 10
    vlc works fine on windows 10 - i use the 64 bit version and its flawless apart from this awful grey screen issue which i dont know how to solve