Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Cable, via USB Tuner on enigma2 boxes

I am getting a USB cable tuner, the Vu+ Turbo.
    Is an external USB tuner going to work ok with softcam, or does softcam only work properly via internal tuner?
    is USB fast enough for clearing?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

It will work absolutely fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

jonathan321 (22nd October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    It will work absolutely fine
    I'm on Openvix Hades 16. driver is available in plugins.

compatibility seems sketchy, some say it works fine some say they are having problems.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I suppose 100% reliability would also depend on what Box you are using it with as the Vu Turbo external tuner is matched towards there own products and especially the Blackhole image when used in conjunction with one another they should work to 100%.

I have a TM-Nano-3T here that displays the 3rd in-built panasonic DVB-C/T/T2 tuner as external even though its internal and soldered to the board probably because the original main board Chipset is based on a Solo2 which is only a Twin Satellite tuner receiver, I can report i have had Zero problems on this receiver with that tuner so i would imagine yours should be the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I suppose 100% reliability would also depend on what Box you are using it with as the Vu Turbo external tuner is matched towards there own products and especially the Blackhole image when used in conjunction with one another they should work to 100%.

I have a TM-Nano-3T here that displays the 3rd in-built panasonic DVB-C/T/T2 tuner as external even though its internal and soldered to the board probably because the original main board Chipset is based on a Solo2 which is only a Twin Satellite tuner receiver, I can report i have had Zero problems on this receiver with that tuner so i would imagine yours should be the same
    Vu+ solo2 on openvix Hades 16.
    Didn't realise I didn't mentiond this.
    Ordered now so I guess we will find out inn a couple of days!
    Thanks for the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Afternoon guys
    @jonathan321 how much did it cost bud if you mind me asking I'm after 1 for my duo2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyboy View Post
    Afternoon guys
    @jonathan321 how much did it cost bud if you mind me asking I'm after 1 for my duo2
    ?49 on ebay. ?49 seems to be the lowest price, other places sell at same price PLUS delivery charge. only on ebay have i found free delivery.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jonathan321 For This Useful Post:

donkeyboy (22nd October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a thought the other day... what if I plug in 2 x Vu+ Turbo tuners into my Solo2. Would both work at the same time, or there would be a software conflict?
    I don't like the way to Duo2 looks with its screen on the front of the box, otherwise I would invest in that for its extra tuner slot.

I would love to turn one of my solo2 into a Quad (2 x Cable via USB + 2 x Sat built in).

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

It should work as i know the limitation of the Enigma2 software for tuners is a maximum of 4 be it fixed internally or added externally, The Solo2 should see the extra Turbo tuner and give you 2 x DVB-S2 and 2 x DVB-C/T/T2.

I know what you mean about the Vu Duo2 its not a great Looker and the Solo2 has a far better tuner sensitivity than its bigger brother, On the other hand i do like the look of the new Solo4K as it appears to be around the same size as the Solo2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

mial (3rd November, 2015)