Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default **Important** Openatv5.1 OTA Updates 20/10

This might just be a problem with the Zgemma series and OpenAtv5.1 only

Anyway did my usual over the air update on Monday, then noticed that the majority of $ky channels didn't work, all my BT channels, adult channels are still working. So reset router and box but still the same, ran a test on my **** and that proved to be fine.

So as I always backup my Zgemma's image before update I restored my image to an earlier one and all channels working fine.

I tried again with an OTA update again last night and the same happened. On looking at other forums, people are reporting this happening to their Zgemma working OpenAtv5.1

I don't know if this is happening to other boxes as well, but would advise all OpenAtv users to backup their image before doing an OTA update.
    Last edited by martin035; 21st October, 2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I completed an online update of atv 5.0 on zgemma 2s last night with no issues. However this was only done because when installing 5.1 i was experiencing the same issue of no tune on sly premium channels. Can i just emphasise the problem is not with channels not clearing it is a 0%snr issue. So atm the gemma is running an updated version of 5.0 not a flash on the fly to 5.1. I've had no such issues when updating my quad+ to 5.1
    Edit. Just to let you know i updated to 5.1 on zgemma with USB not ota and had the same issues as ota update
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 21st October, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

martin035 (21st October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Cheers Happy_h for confirming this, hopefully it's just a bit of bad code added to OpenAtv's nightly builds and it will sort itself out over the next few days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

happy_highlander (21st October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

this was posted elsewhere for openatv.

" As outlined on a few posts in the last couple of days, there seems to be a big bug in the latest over the air software updates this week on OpenATV 5.1

After software update you will lose all your sky channels on Tuner A, Tuner B seems unaffected.

On doing a manual search it will ignore these and give you about 500 channels instead of around the 900 mark.

If your scan is struggling, your autoboquets has lots of greyed out channels, or all your sky channels are just a black screen, you can easily fix this by turning on DISCEqC. This brings Tuner A back to life.

Menu...Setup... Service Searching... tuner Configuration... Tuner A... Send DISCqC... Yes "

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

happy_highlander (21st October, 2015), martin035 (26th October, 2015), ramjet (22nd October, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Tried another OTA software update today and the same problems occurred, either OpenAtv don't see a problem or are in rush to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Menu...Setup... Service Searching... tuner Configuration... Tuner A... Send DISCqC... Yes "
    Anyway did what cactikid suggested, then did a software update and an ABM scan and all channels working with no problems.

**As of 3rd Nov 2015 Openatv OTA updates now fixed, updates will not lose you any channels**
    Last edited by martin035; 12th November, 2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Thread Closed as Problem fixed by Openatv