dm500
Register

Thread: dm500

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm500

it has been years since i laid my dm500 to rest (6 + at least) and i am happy to see that it still has guys / group working on new image files for it, the question i have is a vague recollection of a past memory... I think it was it possible to log into the box or access the stream it was currently showing on the tv and show the same stream on a laptop/pc and it was possible to change channels as well aka remote view.

does anyone here remember/know any more info about this ??

my dm500 was laid to rest because it hated changing channels by remote and would often freeze up completely but worked ok by remote view (or whatever it was called) and i wonder'd if any of the openboxes had a similar option but without knowing what it was called i can not start searching for it.

the reason i ask is that i have been stuck in bed for months and only have terrestrial freeview tv to watch or whatever i can find on my custom built kodi rpi 2 box and plex pc server via a nowtv box

sirhc
    TM6900 Combo. Eagle. Diablo 2.3
    1m Faval on a DM Motor with a DM twin 2db

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

the WEBIF is what you are referring to on the 500s which you type the receivers IP address into your browser which allows full control of the receiver, AFAIAA you still need some form of linux E1- E2 type of receiver to gain the same sort of control.

I do not think you can do anything like this with the Openbox type especially the closed source type anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

12345guy12345 (14th January, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks digicon the name i was looking for was dream stream . its a shame the newer linux boxes don't offer this as i think it might be a good selling point over the other competition if they could make the box give an ip and port address that a modded nowtv box / kodi machine with iptv or other plugin could access and show what the main box is showing.. looks like i might have to get a family member to dig my dm500 out and give this new image a go once i have refreshed my brain on how to update the image because its been too many blue moons since i done it last time.. i remember dream up or something but that's about it

cbdso~~~~~
    TM6900 Combo. Eagle. Diablo 2.3
    1m Faval on a DM Motor with a DM twin 2db

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Kodi can already access any Linux Enigma2 receiver with the VU+ addon:
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/VUPlus
    works fine on most of my devices that i have Kodi installed on, obviously the faster your Kodi machine is the better it handles the channels and playback/record options

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hola a todos me podiais decir donde puedo encontrar la ultima imagen para el 500s
    Que valla ok para Cccm

Gracias

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Hello @naspter,

we are an English language speaking forum could you please try asking any questions you have in English for the benefit of all members

Thank you

Hola naspter ,

somos un foro de habla idioma Ingl?s podr?a por favor trate de hacer cualquier pregunta que tenga en Ingl?s para el beneficio de todos los miembros

Gracias