dm500s faulty boxes
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm500s faulty boxes

I tried to load the latest commando image onto 3 boxes but one wouldnt even recognise when cable was plugged into it using dream up the second box will only load some channels bbc1 bbc2 utv BUT NOT CHANNEL 4 OR 5 this is the same for a lot of the other channels possibly weak tuner. The third box flashed but when I plugged it into tv nothing happened,, The commando image at the start didnt even appear. Two of these boxes are new and were bought from ali express the other is a bit older. I tried different power supplies but it made no difference. Im now sitting with 3 boxes ready for the bin. Has anyone else had these problems and are they worth trying to get fixed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

What images were on these boxes before you reflashed to C15.1c please?

Did you not notice Abu's illustrated PDF "How to Flash" tutes included in our release package? How to flash from Commando to Commando, or E1 to Commando, via FTP and te GUI, WITHOUT needing DreamUp and null-modem?

If you're getting some 28.2E FTA channels, but not all of them, you must ask yourself "what could possibly (and co-incidentally) have changed over the past few days? Possible answer: Gale force Westerly winds all over the country day after day! Maybe skewing your dish out of alignment?

Pop your box onto "BBC One" and bring up the Infobar. What are the sig and snr readings?

Cheers- AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply ..I had 15.0c on one of the boxes. The other two boxes are brand new and once I took them out of the packaging I tried to reflash them.. Re some of the channels I tried another box just after reflashing that box and i was getting all the channels.. The signal strength is showing 98 sig and 99 snr .. I will try and ftp one of the boxes and see how that goes I just need to find the guide first

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    What images were on these boxes before you reflashed to C15.1c please?

Did you not notice Abu's illustrated PDF "How to Flash" tutes included in our release package? How to flash from Commando to Commando, or E1 to Commando, via FTP and te GUI, WITHOUT needing DreamUp and null-modem?

If you're getting some 28.2E FTA channels, but not all of them, you must ask yourself "what could possibly (and co-incidentally) have changed over the past few days? Possible answer: Gale force Westerly winds all over the country day after day! Maybe skewing your dish out of alignment?

Pop your box onto "BBC One" and bring up the Infobar. What are the sig and snr readings?

Cheers- AL
    Last edited by bannthemman; 30th November, 2015 at 11:03 PM.