Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma h2h

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Zgemma h2h

Anybody know what problem could be here. Running VM on 2 h1s and snr is 98%. Have set up a h2h and the picture keeps breaking up and noticed the snr only goes up to 29% max. Have tried loads of firmware but doesn't make a difference. Help would be appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pl1976 For This Useful Post:

C64 (8th June, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default ZGEMMA H.2H - STEP BY STEP SET UP?

Hey Folks

Do we have a step by step set up guide?

What's this subscription all about?
    Come on DK family, sort your cousins out..
    Much love y'all..

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pl1976 View Post
    Have tried loads of firmware but doesn't make a difference. Help would be appreciated
    What firmware are you trying, seen reports that the openatv5.1 for the H2H is a bit buggy, perhaps try a patched openvix image?

Code:
    http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLUguMkgvT3BlblZpWA==

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

baadboy (22nd September, 2017), Dj dee (2nd January, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dj dee View Post
    Hey Folks

Do we have a step by step set up guide?
    If you can't find a setup guide, then search for a setup guide for the h1 or h2 and substitute the firmware quoted for the H2H firmware available here;

Code:
    http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLUguMkg=
    Just make sure the guide is for a complete setup and not a 'backup' setup

7. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

Dj dee (2nd January, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Martin

I think we are in for a rough ride with these new boxes.
    Every other technological thing is moving into easy directions.
    "Our Boxes" are getting more complicated..

What other boxes work similar to KV?
    Any suggestions?

Having a cheap but dodgy subscription is rather expensive in the long run.
    Might be better off paying a subcriptiong to the real providers VM or SKY.. LOL

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Not complicated at all that's the fun of this hobby finding out how things work we all had to start somewhere

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maca For This Useful Post:

C64 (6th June, 2016), loncell (6th January, 2016), martin035 (2nd January, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Thanks Martin

I think we are in for a rough ride with these new boxes.
    Only because people are upgrading from plug and play openbox/skybox type and are unfamiliar with linux/engima2

Every other technological thing is moving into easy directions.
    "Our Boxes" are getting more complicated..
    That's because the encryption techniques used by legitimate providers are get more complicated, a cat and mouse game.

What other boxes work similar to KV?
    Any suggestions?
    I'll leave others to answer that one

Having a cheap but dodgy subscription is rather expensive in the long run.
    Might be better off paying a subcriptiong to the real providers VM or SKY.. LOL
    And that's the problem, people see this as a way to get cheap TV, in fact some people go absolutely mad and post thread after thread of rage on the internet when they get rip off by dodgy subs when 12 months only last 2 months, there's no guarantee or money back refund if it works then great. Treat it as a bit of fun and a learning curve and enjoy the ride until it ends. There's great satisfaction in setting a zgemma box up especially when one hasn't a clue what their doing at first.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

maca (2nd January, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin035 View Post
    What firmware are you trying, seen reports that the openatv5.1 for the H2H is a bit buggy, perhaps try a patched openvix image?

Code:
    http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLUguMkgvT3BlblZpWA==
    Thanks for reply. Openatv was on it but tried vix aswell but still the same strange thing is its tuned in all channels just quality no watchable breaking up and pixelating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I have run a h.2h and the SNR shows 29% on the cable side but with no picture breakup. I run openATV 5.1 and with only the basic plugins autobouqs, rats sat, crossEPG and mine runs flawlessly. There's a few backup images some people have put up on the net were you basically ftp to it and your away.
    As for "abit buggy" ? , it will be till the FW settles down. I use to swear by VIX but you gotta be careful with it as it's patched and I can see an update at some point frying the box, not saying it will happen but i'm not going to take that chance

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I believe that the 29% reading is probably a Driver problem that will eventually get ironed out so nothing to worry about really but i suppose its handy to give you a rough idea what the signal is like anyway.

From reading around it appears to me anyway that the new H.2H Cable tuner is similar to the older H2 as in its not quite as sensitive as the original H1, So perhaps its the same tuner used in both the H2 and the H.2H, Some people who have had the exact same problems with pixelating channels have swapped back for the original H1 model and the problem goes away so certainly looks like a Tuner sensitivity problem

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This box is a mare first of all it's in Linux/Apple Mac software which is ideal yeah if you're a programmer
    secondly where is the so called hidden menu where one can enter ones sl manually no chance I've went
    through the menu settings option upside down side to side & back to front all to no avail then I notice on
    the back there is no null modem connection/option so that means the only way one can flash it is via
    either a memory stick or a flash drive memory stick yeah that's if you can get it to work it basically
    says according to the form I got off of the net shut down box then reboot box with said stick in usb port
    behind the box & hold the power on button on the front panel of the box until it goes from Boot to Flash
    then let go & go away & make your dinner for about an hour then come back by then said process should
    be completed any tips & suggestions out there because my box has now gone into a repeated trying to
    boot up loop like it's going from "00" up to "100" then back to "00" then up to "100" & same old loop
    again & again & again what a mare it's just not playing ball

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BJTT View Post
    This box is a mare first of all it's in Linux/Apple Mac software which is ideal yeah if you're a programmer
    You only need to use linux code if you want to advance setup the box, most average users will never need to do this on the box as all settings can be setup via a menu.

secondly where is the so called hidden menu where one can enter ones sl manually no chance I've went
    through the menu settings option upside down side to side & back to front all to no avail
    There's no hidden menu, you just need to install the correct plugin, if using openvix it's there in the plugin menu, if using openatv then you have to manually install the IPK file first then download from the plugin menu.

then I notice on the back there is no null modem connection/option so that means the only way one can flash it is via
    either a memory stick or a flash drive memory stick
    That's one way, the other way is just plug the usb with your new image on in the back and do the following, works every time unless you've bricked your box as every Zgemma comes pre installed with openatv

1. on the Remote menu-setup-software management-flash online/local then press Yellow and yellow again
    2. Find your USB drive in the list and enter each folder until you find 'rootfs' file
    3. Scroll to the 'rootfs' file and press Green
    4. Image will install box will reboot

any tips & suggestions out there because my box has now gone into a repeated trying to
    boot up loop like it's going from "00" up to "100" then back to "00" then up to "100" & same old loop
    again & again & again what a mare it's just not playing ball
    Get the image from below either openatv or openvix unzip it and place the 'zgemma' folder on your windows formatted usb stick drive plug it into the back and switch on, it should say 'USB' then when you press the 'standby' button it should change to 'FLSH' if it doesn't the zgemma doesn't like your usb stick drive (Very common with these boxes) get another and try again.

Code:
    http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLUguMkg=

18. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

digicon (16th January, 2016)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Martin 035 I look into what you have commented as regards to said hidden menu & flashing said box
    I've also came across some useful websites re:-zgemma star h2 box & others as well check out
    http://www.zgemma.tv/ That's if you are not already aware of said website/link it has useful downloads
    if you click on your corresponding box name (the letters with a picture of a Folder next to it) it basically
    takes one to another window where one can download Boot Files/ATV File etc-etc. I've also came across
    a German Open Box website which is a bit the same as DK it's link is *****************it's in German
    but if you're browsing via Google Chrome for example one can Translate said site into English & also just
    click on Okay to accept said website uses Cookies anyway thanks for your valuable help & I'll let you know
    how I get on over the coming weeks ahead all the best & God bless sincerely BJTT
    Last edited by digicon; 21st January, 2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Removed competing forum website link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Freezing on cable

Quote Originally Posted by pl1976 View Post
    Thanks for reply. Openatv was on it but tried vix aswell but still the same strange thing is its tuned in all channels just quality no watchable breaking up and pixelating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi mate had the same problem Snr 29% agc 10% and had lots of freezing on cable channels specially when someone was using internet on their device at home.the problem was the splitter I had put between the zgemma and VM router it was 2400mhz splitter took that off and put normal T type splitter problem fixed I think it that 2400mhz splitter causing interference hope that helps anyone out there.snr still 29% but no freezing using openvix image
    Last edited by uzair786; 26th January, 2016 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi.
    Has anyone set one of these up yet zgemma H.2H, had mine delivered this morning and don't no where to start, trying to set it up to Virmin media.
    can anyone help me please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast