Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Clusters, i have converted into miles in the DIC and then disconnected and changed the faceplate and when i put it back it goes back to KMS

I was able to use the EEPROM Clip and I backed up the KM's original bin and I put a BIN file from a 2007 silverado from here and it worked. I just edited the mileage on the OBD and it worked very smoothly. Was very tricky getting that eprom reader clipped on tho.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hero112 For This Useful Post:

clusters (6th January, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Now my next question is, I have a 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel, I am able to save my bin right one my USA Prog but it does not have an option to use it as a recovery file. So is the 08 ram the same thing where I have to find the EEPROM or is it another connecter? I have a bunch of the connectors and pin adapters it came with. I also found a bin on here but I have no way to figure out how to put it back on there

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hero112 View Post
    Clusters, i have converted into miles in the DIC and then disconnected and changed the faceplate and when i put it back it goes back to KMS

I was able to use the EEPROM Clip and I backed up the KM's original bin and I put a BIN file from a 2007 silverado from here and it worked. I just edited the mileage on the OBD and it worked very smoothly. Was very tricky getting that eprom reader clipped on tho.
    I stand corrected then and they must have changed the strategy in the clusters in 2007 and it is stored in volatile memory. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Any suggestions on the 2008 Ram 3500?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,823 Posts

Sorry, no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Have you ever programmed any of those? If they were to be programmed on the bench, do you use like one of the pin connectors or do you an eprom reader?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

can anyone help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12