Register
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi can any1 help me got a sky plus box and it wont turn on any suggestiuons would be gratful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unplug from the mains wait about 1 minute plug back in wait about 5 minutes then try again... usually works for me (digital crap... always lets you down!!!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there any hack to disable that stupid PIN code asked for when watching movie channels at daytime?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Normal sky box...white one?

Hi guys, i tried your steps here but the only problem is that the full system reset buton doesn't show up in the secret menu. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Czambujinho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    Is there any hack to disable that stupid PIN code asked for when watching movie channels at daytime?
    nope sky dont allow it due to the fact ADULTS complained they dont show anything other than kid friendly stuff during the day

thats why sky now show 15-18 stuff hence the pin

after the water shed the pin wont appear

cheerz now

CELTIC 2011 CHAMPIONS (THE OPTIMIST)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

just had my sky + hd installed, but live in a flat with shared dish and only one lnb, and the engineer showed me the "secret menu" so that if i could get another lnb feed i could switch it back to dual lnb mode. but Thanks for the reset tips, the box keeps getting stuck in standby and this seems to have fixed it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi one and all, mods please forgive me if i am posting in the wrong section and i have searched for this but no luck,

I just got a sky+ HD box for nothing and its new too, my question is i dont have sky only freeview and i live in the South of Ireland.

Is there a way for me to just watch freeview stations on it, i just unplugged my freeview sat cable and plugged it into back of sky box,needless to say all the functions are there but box reporting no signal,like i said i am a total newbee and i would dare say there are a few of you rolling about laughing now haha but any help would be appreciated, as to how to sort this if possble,thanks in advance.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mazzano4 View Post
    Hi one and all, mods please forgive me if i am posting in the wrong section and i have searched for this but no luck,

I just got a sky+ HD box for nothing and its new too, my question is i dont have sky only freeview and i live in the South of Ireland.

Is there a way for me to just watch freeview stations on it, i just unplugged my freeview sat cable and plugged it into back of sky box,needless to say all the functions are there but box reporting no signal,like i said i am a total newbee and i would dare say there are a few of you rolling about laughing now haha but any help would be appreciated, as to how to sort this if possble,thanks in advance.
    freeview is a terrestrial service and not compatable with a sky box.for which you need a satellite dish pointed at 28E.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dick b View Post
    freeview is a terrestrial service and not compatable with a sky box.for which you need a satellite dish pointed at 28E.
    I actually sorted this with some help from this forum, i changed the setting to single lnb and the hd box came up with a load of free channels like what was on my freeview box,just got my sky card today and all is well, i put in channel 5 and a few others too,although i now need a different lnb to use the box with all the recording functions working properly but will sort that. all thanks to this forum, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi quick question guys,
    Can I use the hard after formatting somewhere else? My box is about to die I beleive!
    Cheers,
    H

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I've got an 8 yr old Skydigibox and the volume keeps dropping out. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it as it can go several times in a few minutes or last a few hours. If I turn it off and on via the remote the sound comes straight back up to the normal level. Sometimes the volume will steadily decrease and on others it will drop completely in one go. I don't have the money at the moment to splash out on a new box so is there something I can do that might help resolve the problem? My kids are getting very fed up watching CBBC and having to turn on and off just at "the best bits".

Cheers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can anyone tell me how to access the 'secret engineer screen on a new(ish) sky hd box (Thompson)

Thanks

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Services - 0 - 0 - 1 - Select

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my sky hd box keeps losing the signal, I have to turn it off at the mains, leave it for a minute, then switch it back on and then it reboots, I'm having to this almost daily, any ideas anyone as to why this keeps happening??

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast