Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default lexmark x5495 pirnter problem no drivers??

anybody help me i have just got a new lexmark x5495 printer, the driver disk that came with it only works on vista / xp / 2000/ i did not know this at the time, the pc that i have in working on windows Me, so i dont have a driver for it , i emailed lexmark and they told me that they dont have drivers for 98/ or Me/ anymore , is there anywere out there were i can download a driver for windows Me" to get this printer working ?, thanks for your time and help michael..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I did quite a bit of searching on the net for this driver,as you must have done too.You said that you were told the driver doesn't exist which is right,i did manage to find out that it was discontinued around 5 years ago (the driver that is).Looks like the only hope of getting the printer running is to upgrade your copy of windows to one that has driver support for the printer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    anybody help me i have just got a new lexmark x5495 printer, the driver disk that came with it only works on vista / xp / 2000/ i did not know this at the time, the pc that i have in working on windows Me, so i dont have a driver for it , i emailed lexmark and they told me that they dont have drivers for 98/ or Me/ anymore , is there anywere out there were i can download a driver for windows Me" to get this printer working ?, thanks for your time and help michael..
    try doing a manual driver install and use the 2k drivers it might work it might not ill try to get a driver sorted for you gimme a bit of time keep checking the post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Lexmark X5495 Driver for Os download

Good Work!