Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default tm5402hd problem

Hi, I have a problem that it may be considered borderline with the rules of the forum, anyway I try: my tm5402hd will not clear some channels that my tm nano oe does with the same "provider". I have tried scanning again but nothing change (both receivers pick up a good signal)... any idea what it can be? I have another question not related to previous one, are the tuners in the two receivers different? better or worse? I noticed that for a couple of frequency I can pick up a very good signal in my nano but not on my 5402...... is mytm5402hd on its last leg?
    Many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Are you referring to certain Movie channels by any chance? I've come across quite a few 5402's having issues with them, usually changing ports on LNB or replacing LNB altogether fixes it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digger99 For This Useful Post:

tempo123 (2nd February, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digger99 View Post
    Are you referring to certain Movie channels by any chance? I've come across quite a few 5402's having issues with them, usually changing ports on LNB or replacing LNB altogether fixes it.
    yes you are right about those "certain" movie channels, but they have good signal (the tm signal strenght scale tell me there is good signal) so I am not sure it could be the LNB, I have a 1m dish with quadLNB and all other 3 ports are fine just 1 is giving me grief....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Are you using one side of a shotgun cable or is it a single cable. The 5402 and bm7000 for that matter don't fair very well with shotgun and i also moved the single feed to one of the two inner ports on my quad lnb when i was using my tm

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

digger99 (7th February, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Are you using one side of a shotgun cable or is it a single cable. The 5402 and bm7000 for that matter don't fair very well with shotgun and i also moved the single feed to one of the two inner ports on my quad lnb when i was using my tm
    HI, no mate, single core cable not twin shotgun.... I have not yet change the lnb and to be honest I will not... just curiosity I would like to know what could be the problem..... thanks anyway....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I found it was the horizontal band i was having bother with and moving the cable to the inner output solved the issue but i ended up replacing the lnb after about 6 months. The tuner on the 5402 is generally very sensitive making it very good so it may be a faulty box