virgin superhub 2ac poor wireless
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default virgin superhub 2ac poor wireless

Our main virgin router connects via wireless bridge with two Linksys routers, This set up worked perfectly untill Virgin upgraded us with the 2ac model, now the client routers lose connection constantly. I have tried a different settings including the channel but nothing works. I had to register the 2ac which I think deactivated the old superhub so I guess I cant just downgrade by putting it back online? Any ideas?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

switch your superhub into modem only and hard wire to your bridge if possible or to another wifi router.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dasteph For This Useful Post:

mikk (6th February, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hard wire would be best but not the easiest solution, might try modem mode, does the second router connect to the superhub via the wan port?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

no when you switch to modem mode the only ethernet port on the superhub that is in use is the lower port of the four ports then connect the cable to the wan port on the router.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi i know this is an old thread but i too have been having problems with dropouts on superhub 2 would this cure it by putting it in modem mode then hardwire to another router i have my box hardwired to the router but get the dropouts 4-5 times an hour they last for about 30 seconds but it is annoying i belive this is a common problem with the superhub 2 and VM cannot seem to cure it really considering changing provider only problem is i do get good speeds.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Try another router then you don't have to use theirs it's up to you to use what you want although keep theirs as they may want it back when out of contract. You will have to contact them though when you put a router in the system so it can be connected on their network.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Open a cmd window.
    Type ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t to continous ping the router. Just to check it's not the router. (replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with ip of router)

If there are no dropouts then change address to say www.google.co.uk

Check again for drop outs.

If dropouts are there, and none from your router then the hub could be at fault. Try reset and/or changing ethernet cables
    Last edited by cunny; 3rd September, 2016 at 07:59 PM.

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default virgin superhub 2ac poor wireless

Evasive-- Thanks for the response....so youre confirming that a wireless access point will do the trick? Do I just assign the printer an IP address through my router and then install it as a Windows network printer?