Hi all,

Here goes,
I recently bought a VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI V6 2007, and I love the car however the car did not come with a Maps DVD this ia where the saga begins.

So I thought it shouldn't be too much of an issue to download a map dvd which I have (this one - Volkswagen Navigation DVD for Blaupunkt EX-V (VX) Europa 2016).........I have been trying to update the firmware on the device for a couple of weeks now, and have downloaded numerous firmware iso's and unlock dvd/cd's. The reason I'm doing this is I'm under the impression I have to update from f/w 19 to 30 to enable functionality for the new maps dvd and then unlock the dvd drive to enable play of the maps dvd please correct if I'm wrong.

None of which work at all

I have tried burning Iso's using both Nero and ImgBurn with a LG Blu-ray writer and Verbatim CD's and DVD DL's disc at 1x-2.4x, and still no cigar.
I have also tried using a VAGCOM diag cable and VCDS software on my laptop to see if there are any issues with the unit, no fault codes found.

Here are the details from the report from VCDS -
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Address 37: Navigation Labels: 7L6-919-887-DVD.lbl
Part No: 7L6 919 887 P
Component: Navigation 0019
Coding: 0000101
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 53A2E763F2E6EFA6B0-8006

No fault code found.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have gotten to the point of either leaving it, smashing the thing up with a hammer or just biting the bullet and buying the damn disk aarrrrrrghhhhh!!!

Breathe........breathe.........breathe......

So I have taken photos of the Hidden service menu (sys settings - factory settings button press and hold) on the unit containing the details of the unit, from the info I believe the firmware is 0119 which is firmware 19, so in turn I have tried using these firmware update cd versions 19, 28, 30, and none of them work the unit displays either "Wrong DVD" or "Incompatible DVD" no matter what I put in the unit.

Pics of service menu:
IMG_0198.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

I do feel as if i'm missing something silly with all of this.

Any helps would be appreciated greatly, hopefully I have go on enough to cover all the info one would need.

Please ask if you need any further info.

Cheers
Peace out