vu solo crashing......n maybe burning???
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default vu solo crashing......n maybe burning???

hi wondering if anyone can advise me please.......n not the obvious.......get a duo .....
    but my box was working fine then sat night jus stopped doing what its intended to do.........
    could get bbc 1 ect fine so restarted my (thingy) n nothing ..all working fine on other boxes but not on my solo
    then started crashing n again n went into a crash loop so i restored a back up n same crash loop
    re flashed vix and worked for 20 mins n same crashed wi some jargon log (see attachment)
    so reflashed and same worked 10 mins n crash or stop mi extra channels(wink wink)
    so tried bh 2.1 n same crash crash crash crash crash......you get mi drift???
    so flashed cfe then vti and open pli the latter working the longest but 24 hrs and the thingy channels gone again
    but no crashing on open pli 4.0 and when crashes or stops mi do dar channels
    i cannot conect with dcc or vucc or any ftp till i either reboot (which dont work that often) or a reflash that cures it for a bit....
    any ideas guys or is flash on its way out???? is a memory problem or a software problem??????
    or a fubar box......
    cheers in advance for any advice
    Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

From what you are saying and if you did clean installs of the latest images then it sounds very much like the box is on its way out, So FUBAR could be the apt term here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

as i thort my main problem is that my freeview stay on but i cannot connect with dcc or vucc to rectify this which would be easy fix to reinsert the cfg file
    any other way of getting to the file system of the box????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

may have solved a problem reloaded vix and entered a swap file to extend flash.........working at the minute
    one more crash n will be vu bin filed

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

dont put tsmedia or kodidirect on it as the box is slow enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

ok now im stuck.....tried everything kept crashing and and certain channels wouldnt work although it was working????
    so binned box got a zgemma h2s to be getting on with all ok till today did same ????????
    crashed came back on but same channels missing and cant connect with nothing from laptop yet network settings all ok and conected to network?????
    any ideas im thinkin plugins although only plug in i put in that i didnt download is 28.2 bouqets??????
    HELLLPPP.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

DCC VUCC will not connect ....no ip problem... wont download plugins says no new plugins found?????? sounds networky to me but what i not got a scooby????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

removed the autobouqet 28.2 as that was only thing i loaded seems to be oreyt nah .....dodgy download me finks.........

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

The box probably wasn't configured correctly after initial flash. ie where did you save epg etc. This would eventually fill the flash and cause the freezing and boot loop etc. Only a clean install and correct configuration would fix this.