Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SKYBOX F5 firmware update

Hi all
    Does anyone know, or can anyone help.
    I am updating my Skyboxf5 firmware using a the RS232 Upgrade Tools. When I start, it connects on com 5 "Done", then reads for at least 10 minutes.
    I then press next and it updates in about 30 seconds. Is this right ?
    I press finish, the box restarts, but when plugged into the TV, it boots all the way past 100, (Sometimes it stops at 90 and I have to reset the box, this happens a lot) picture and sounds comes on with perfect clarity but then freezes after a few seconds.
    I updated with this "SKYBOX F5 F3 M3_3601HD_CMT_130327079B.abs" from openbox.??????
    Is there any newer firmware?
    Or is my box Bricked. Please Help if you can.

thanks Chris

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

When you flash the firmware did you tick the boot loader ? in the eprom software
    try the latest file form skybox.cc....http://skybox.cc/
    Last edited by P&D; 20th February, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the fast reply P&D. But unfortunately i ticked the box and i used the skybox.cc web site. Just tried again Stopped at 90
    can you please think of anything else. Do you think the speeds are ok with the reading & writing.
    Thanks again Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To be honest your best doing a re-flash of the firmware with a usb stick its a lot better

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Wrong......he's best binning the piece of ~~~~ and buying a E2 box

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maca For This Useful Post:

martin035 (27th February, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi,
    This problem was previously reported as being caused by corruption during updating firmware , channel list, etc., using the LAN tool, but I think it can occur via any update means.
    One fix which was successful for me and worked a couple of times, but not the last time when I gave up and bought a new box),
    is to update using an old firmware first, and do a factory reset including the channel list, disconnect the sat dish first (that stops the box freezing)
    then update latest firmware and new channel list.
    good luck

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cmwb View Post
    Hi,
    This problem was previously reported as being caused by corruption during updating firmware , channel list, etc., using the LAN tool, but I think it can occur via any update means.
    One fix which was successful for me and worked a couple of times, but not the last time when I gave up and bought a new box),
    is to update using an old firmware first, and do a factory reset including the channel list, disconnect the sat dish first (that stops the box freezing)
    then update latest firmware and new channel list.
    good luck

This is what you want, You can thank me later

sing lan tool and putting box in standby, standby is important. I log into box, and replace image file with image I backed up a while ago, the box reboots, so you have to put it into standby again.
    I then replaced, via lan tool, all the other files with blank files cfg etc.
    Reboot box, its working again.