EU Vote eh ( and a poll ) - Page 3
Register

View Poll Results: how you going to vote ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • in

10 23.81%
  • out

31 73.81%
  • dont know

1 2.38%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

ON TOPIC:-

Was talking to some imganary women diwn the pub.

was showing me what arnold rimmer mp twetred

he said

"bore waffle drone, im voting out because the sun shine
    out of daves arse, bore waffle drone"

5 paragraphs of

"bore drone waffke europe, the final countdown
    chuff gwarf gwarf"

but NO WHERE. Does he say

"leaving europe we WILL run our own laws, we WILL expirt
    all imports, we dint have europe over our shoulder, so we can
    sell off the nhs in peace"

just goes on to say

"tampon tax, yeah whats your problem"

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (29th February, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

More than 150,000 Kenyans stand to lose their jobs if the horticulture industry collapses from the effects of new taxes imposed on Kenyan exports to Europe, the country’s biggest market for fresh produce.
    Another 450,000, who depend on the sector’s employees could also lose their livelihoods after European countries forced Kenyan exporters to sell their goods at higher retail prices effectively pushing away potential customers.
    Industry players said they expected to incur losses of at least Sh1 billion a month if nothing is done to save the situation.
    Kenya, and the other member states of the East African Community (EAC), had up to September 30 to conclude and sign an Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the European Union for goods originating from the region to continue enjoying preferential treatment in Europe.
    However, the deal miscarried after disagreements occurred on two levels. First, the five member states of the EAC could not agree on some issues among themselves. Second, the region could not reach an agreement with the EU. The result was that the region missed Tuesday’s deadline.

That means Kenyan products will be subjected to a new regime of high taxation in Europe. However, Tanzania is unlikely to suffer the same fate because it is ranked among the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) which will continue to enjoy preferential treatment.
    “It is a total disaster. We are talking about new taxes of up to 15 per cent for some of our most popular products in Europe,” said Mr Stephen Mbithi, CEO of the Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya. “This basically means the retail price has to go up by at least a similar margin which leaves us at a disadvantaged position.”
    Hardest hit are exporters of processed fruits and vegetables, such as Delmonte Kenya Limited, who will have to factor in a new tax of 15 per cent in their retail prices.
    Fresh flowers and vegetables, which were zero-rated, will now be taxed at 6.99 per cent. Fresh fruits, such as avocados, will attract at least two per cent in new taxes.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/150000-...z/-/index.html

This is what happens to countries that aren't in the EU, when they want to sell to the EU. Lucky we don't grow cucumbers for export here, perhaps Nigel smuggles them in hidden places, which would explain that inane smirk on his face

As for your point about tampon tax... it was in 1973 when the conservative government deemed them "non essential" items that VAT was set at 17.5% - perhaps Maggie was a bloke after all. The VAT on them cannot be removed entirely, but in 2001 the Labour government dropped the rate to 5%, the lowest possible rate. Had they not been deemed "non essential" then they would not have been given a VAT rate at all. Blame it on Ted.
    Dave doesn't want to sell the NHS, far from it. He wants to pay people to take it away, so that we can pay them even more to use it. It will create employment opportunities for the Tory MP's who get un-elected at the next election, if the remember. Same as was done with GBS.
    Last edited by GastonJ; 29th February, 2016 at 10:05 PM.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (1st March, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

On tooic

sirry gaston the man from delmonte will be saying
    yes ti higher pruces?

why not join eu?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    On tooic

sirry gaston the man from delmonte will be saying
    yes ti higher pruces?

why not join eu?
    The man from Del Monte; he's Australian so stands no chance, though you might find him getting drunk around Covent Gardens on a Friday night. Being in Africa might count against 'em joining the EU, though I could be wrong. That's the problem y'see if you're not in the EU and someone in the EU makes/grows/does whatever you're selling then the EU will make sure that your prices are higher with teh end result being you won't sell anything into the EU that they don't want you to.

One of the biggest reasons that Nigel, UKIP and the turncoat Tories don't want to be in the EU is that the EU want sto regulate the banks properly, and tax the bonuses that bankers get. If the Tories allowed that to happen then where would they get directorships with huge bonuses when they got un-elected? It's all about the money and how it can be made off the back of all the peasants. Work longer, work harder, retire later, die before you retire and they pocket your pension *shrug*

Speaking of which, while the news is busy with the fake vote....

A review of the state pension age could mean people joining the workforce today will have to wait until their mid-70s before they retire, experts have warned.
    Former CBI boss John Cridland has been appointed to lead the review, the first of regular five-year assessments.
    Those under the age of about 55 could be affected by the shake-up, which will consider what the state retirement age should be from April 2028.
    The results will be published next May.
    The government said the review, required under existing legislation, would consider changes in life expectancy as well as wider changes in society and "make sure that the state pension is sustainable and affordable for future generations."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35702441

Led by john Cridland eh, I bet he isn't going to retire at 75 only on a state pension He'll recommend that people retire at 97 after working an 84 hour week, 52 weeks a year for ?2.17 an hour.

and...................

The Home Office has tightened up privacy safeguards in proposed new spying laws - but police will get more power to see internet browsing records.
    The Investigatory Powers Bill will force service providers to store browsing records for 12 months.
    It will also give legal backing to bulk collection of internet traffic.
    The Home Office was forced to revise the draft bill after concerns by three committees of MPs it did not do enough to protect privacy and was too vague.

Home Secretary Theresa May said the revised bill, published on Tuesday, reflected many of these concerns, and was "both clearer and stronger in protecting privacy".

The bill expands the purposes for which police can obtain internet connection records, which are details of the websites and online applications people use. It says they can be acquired for a "specific investigation" provided it is "necessary and proportionate". This clause was not contained in the draft legislation.
    Ministers say the new powers are needed to fight terrorism, but internet firms have questioned their practicality - and civil liberties campaigners say it clears the way for mass surveillance of UK citizens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35689432

Nothings' changed really, if anything they will give themselves more power. Guilty until you're proved innocent eh. I believe May has put in more safeguards, just as I believe the pope is really a Muslim Jew. North Korea is going to have more freedoms the way the Tories are going.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

and again

Offering the meningitis B vaccine to all children is "not cost effective" and would be a waste of NHS money, the UK government says.
    Public support for extending the vaccine grew after the mother of two-year-old Faye Burdett shared pictures of her dying from the infection.
    The jab is offered to children in their first year of life.
    But more than 800,000 people signed a petition for it to be given to all children under 11.

In response to the most popular petition in parliamentary history, the Department of Health said it was following the expert advice of its Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
    It said: "With this programme, our priority is to protect those children most at risk of Men B, in line with JCVI's recommendation.
    "The NHS budget is a finite resource, it is therefore essential that JCVI's recommendations are underpinned by evidence of cost-effectiveness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35706014

So, in effect, the government is saying that the NHS shouldn't be about saving lives and it's more cost effective to allow people to die instead. Something's wrong with that. Government really are dropping these out while people are distracted.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

OFF TOOIC

Mengitus if you survive you can end up been converted
    to no arms/legs so say ?10 now or ????????? Later if you go faukty

must admit any imports not entitled to it, go faulty, return to wence you came

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Gaston
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ccs0bk5UUAADSoQ.jpg:small
    Damm i5hit failure

brb

sorry not advertiding read other Rweets

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeatHead_...7815477248?p=v

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (6th March, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Conservative MPs are "mobilising" to campaign against any rise in fuel duty, the BBC has been told.
    Some are worried the chancellor could announce a rise in next week's Budget.
    A Treasury minister is to meet fuel campaigners, including the Tory MP Jason McCartney, on Tuesday.
    Mr McCartney said he was very concerned and would be urging colleagues to lobby Treasury ministers and officials and is to email every MP warning a rise is rumoured and seeking their opinions.
    "We'll be mobilising all the supporters of the Fair Fuel group in Parliament this week," he said.
    Treasury minister Damian Hinds is to meet McCartney and representatives from the Fair Fuel UK Campaign at noon on Tuesday.
    Another Conservative MP said any rise in duty would be outrageous.
    A Sunday Times report that an unnamed minister had said people would hardly notice an extra 2p on petrol has alarmed some backbenchers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35743161

Busy attempting to deflect how useless and divided their party is more like. They'll all be expecting you to kiss their toes for saving you from a rumoured fuel hike, a rumour they probably started so they can stop it and say what a nice bunch they are.

At least they can't blame the high rate of duty and tax on the EU, though I'm sure if they could they would.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

OFF TOPIC

That mentioned mp according to vic & nosher something
    do with the mp who favoritef ~~~~ on twitter couple years ago

unable to verify this,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

ifred (8th March, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Boris Johnson says an email telling his senior staff to back him over the EU referendum has been withdrawn.
    The London mayor, who is campaigning to leave the EU, said the memo to deputy mayors and senior advisers was "a cock-up, and not something I agree with".
    It told them to "either advocate the mayor's position or otherwise not openly contradict it" when not at work.
    The email was sent 24 hours before Mr Johnson accused pro-EU campaigners of trying to gag opponents.
    It was sent by his chief of staff, Edward Lister.

_88630778_borisletter.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35749084

You do have to wonder how these clowns will work together once the referendum is over.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: London Assembly members accuse Boris Johnson of a ‘cover up’ over 2013 commercial sponsorship pitch made to Apple in California

London mayor Boris Johnson has been accused of a ‘cover up’ and misleading the London Assembly over the Garden Bridge after the AJ uncovered dramatic new evidence about his secret fundraising trip to San Francisco.
    Last month it emerged Johnson had flown to the US city in early February 2013 in an effort to win corporate sponsorship for a ‘Garden Bridge’ before his administration had given official backing to such a scheme.
    The AJ has now learnt that Apple was the target of the fundraising and that Garden Bridge designer Thomas Heatherwick -– who just days later took part in a TfL bridge contest against Marks Barfield and Wilkinson Eyre which he went on to win – was part of the pitch to the tech giant in California made between Sunday 3 February and Tuesday 5 February.
    The revelation was seized on by critics who have long argued that successful lobbying of the mayor by Heatherwick and Garden Bridge champion Joanna Lumley led to a ‘pre-judged’ and ‘unfair’ contest - a claim first reported by AJ in March 2015 following a Freedom of Information (FOI) request which revealed irregular scoring.

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/n...73.fullarticle

Not that I'd cast doubt on the integrity of a politician, since I think he does a fine job of that himself being a Tory as well.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

That reminds me, speaking of boris, what ever happended
    to "harry enfield & chums" on tv "the fast show"?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

No idea, I guess Harry grew stale. What happened to boris's expensive water cannons that he bought and wasn't allowed to use. There's only one target/use for water cannons, perhaps the should remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (13th March, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Yes well rembered gaston

popoing out for a Tweet brb

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (13th March, 2016)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast