Register
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony_i View Post
    martin, bit cheeky so feel free to say no, but seeing how you have such a complete set of picons would you consider uploading a zip of them? It would be much appreciated.
    No Problem, enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

PutTheFootieOn (18th January, 2017), tony_i (28th November, 2016)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Cheer. These look great, and it's nice to have a full set for once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Martin035, I've been using your backup for a while now and its spot on . I've got the new Zgemma H5 ordered and the only difference I can see between it and the H2.H which I've been using your image on is the hybrid twin cable tuner. Have you tested or do you know if this image will work on the new H5. Thanks in advance

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

@holmesju, I haven't tested it, so can't confirm working.

Edit: On looking at the firmware (openatv5.3) for the H5, the file structure is different ie a Zgemma 2s uses a 'sh1' folder, Zgemma H.2s uses a 'H3' folder and the Zgemma H5 uses a 'H5' folder, this normally means that the software for each model type has no cross compatibility, sorry.
    Last edited by martin035; 7th December, 2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: More Research

6. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

holmesju (7th December, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Hi Martin does the Virgin skin work with the h2h combo box mate?
    When I added the image I didn't see the skin?

Andy
    Last edited by andy91; 7th December, 2016 at 08:27 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post

Andy
    Look for open vix red hd in the skins section andy. It works quite well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post

Andy
    Aye, the virgin skin does work with the h2h, just select menu-setup-usage&gui-skin setp then select 'vskin-hd' then yes to restart gui

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

andy91 (8th December, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quick question guys is it worth while doing software updates for the box through the setup menu ? I ask as i carried out an update the other day and had a warning pop up saying my image version was old and could risk box failing to boot after re flashing and also a pop up warning saying the image was not tested. So i continued setup and as expected the box was stuck in boot, no big hassle simple reflash and setup and all back to normal. However i see there is a firmware update for my receiver from October is it worth updating ? also what other software updates would people recommend ?
    I use the image in this post and the only other thing I have added was epg refresh as its a dual tuner H.2H im running.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BONGOVR6 For This Useful Post:

martin035 (17th December, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BONGOVR6 View Post
    Quick question guys is it worth while doing software updates for the box through the setup menu ? I ask as i carried out an update the other day and had a warning pop up saying my image version was old and could risk box failing to boot after re flashing and also a pop up warning saying the image was not tested. So i continued setup and as expected the box was stuck in boot, no big hassle simple reflash and setup and all back to normal.
    When I got my first zgemma I did OTA updates weekly, but I found that sometimes the updates Openatv release broke things, I would then have to roll back my image until Openatv fix the issue a few days later. Then the good people at ABM added an 'update config files' in there setting, which updated the ABM channel lists. As this was the main reason I did software updates I therefore decided not to do OTA updates to my own box, my next update for my Zgemma will be to 5.4 hopefully in the next few weeks.

As to the warning, this will come up if you haven't done an OTA update for a few weeks, I have never know a box to get stuck in boot, but as you correctly stated it can happen. The best way around this is if you get this message before updating is to make your own backup image and put the 'zgemma' folder on a USB stick before hand, so if it does break the Zgemma, a quick reflash and your back to where you were be before you tried the update.

However, when I release an updated backup image on this thread, I always do an OTA update and test the image before releasing the image as I want it to be current.

However i see there is a firmware update for my receiver from October is it worth updating ? also what other software updates would people recommend ?
    The latest image on this thread is dated 18th Nov so will incorporate any updates from Oct, the only reason I add updates to the skins, movie organiser and picons, is due to the fact these plugins can't be updated OTA as there not in the Openatv github and have to be updated manually, so in theory saving the end user the hassle.

I use the image in this post and the only other thing I have added was epg refresh as its a dual tuner H.2H im running.
    Aye, a Cable EPG plugin is always needed for a H.2H as the default Crossepg is for Satellite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the response Martin, regarding the updates i was doing this weekly when the warning cropped up i did however continue with the update and the box froze in boot up as per warning so reflashed using your latest image on here and then went to software updates again and the same problem occurred ran updates stuck in boot.

I am currently setting it up again using the image attached on here that you've uploaded much appreciated by the way so once its up and running I am staying away from software updates as not wanting to go through all this again or as you say backup my image and reflash back to box.

I only run the config scan on abm now and again and think from now on i'll stick to that unless any major updates crop up.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

@BONGOVR6 I've just noticed that the OTA feeds are showing Amder which normally means there's an issue with an update and Openatv are in the process of fixing it.

Would advice just reflashing my latest image then add EPG refresh for your cable EPG, get it to a stage your happy with then make your own backup image, then check daily until the OTA feeds show Green.

My advice to all, if you want to do OTA software updates ensure the traffic light feeds shows green

16. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

Hadron (18th December, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin035 View Post
    @BONGOVR6 I've just noticed that the OTA feeds are showing Amder which normally means there's an issue with an update and Openatv are in the process of fixing it.

Would advice just reflashing my latest image then add EPG refresh for your cable EPG, get it to a stage your happy with then make your own backup image, then check daily until the OTA feeds show Green.

My advice to all, if you want to do OTA software updates ensure the traffic light feeds shows green
    Thats where i have went wrong was oblivious to the traffic light just cracked on with updates, reflashed last night set up as usual installed epgefresh so back to normal. Done an OTA software update search just to be curious and yeah still showing plenty updates and informing the image is old so never ran updates as box is working so no need to change anything.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BONGOVR6 For This Useful Post:

martin035 (18th December, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Sky Spts 3 rebranded to Sky Spts Darts and Ktv, just FTP to /usr/share/enigma2/picon

Will incorporate in to the next update once Openatv Feeds fixed

Attached Images Attached Images

20. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

joe516 (18th December, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I just got caught with the freezing on boot after updating ... the feed status was green so thought id be ok but it did pop up saying its an old image and it may not boot properly . There were 63 updates and the status was green ?
    Anyway I'm up and running again with your image here .
    Is there any reason to update or indeed any reason not to update even if its green status ?

Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Proz For This Useful Post:

martin035 (1st January, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    I just got caught with the freezing on boot after updating ... the feed status was green so thought id be ok but it did pop up saying its an old image and it may not boot properly . There were 63 updates and the status was green ?
    Anyway I'm up and running again with your image here .
    Is there any reason to update or indeed any reason not to update even if its green status ?

Thanks
    No reason to update of nothing is broken. Every now and again update the autobouquet config file from within the autobouquetsmaker menu and you'll be sorted

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

24. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

martin035 (1st January, 2017)