Register
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Zgemma H Series (H.s H.2s) Openatv5.3 Backup Image

This Backup Image is for the Newer H series of Zgemma Satellite receivers, it will work on the H.S and H.2s and confirmed working on the H.2H by Hadron @post #116 (requires additional setup for cable see post #119) but hasn't been tested on the H5

Openatv5.3 Backup Image with New improved Sky Skin, OTA update safe

? AutoBuoquetsMaker autoupdate daily @00:15
    ? EpgImport set to download daily @00:01
    ? Autostandby daily @00:30 won't affect any scheduled recordings
    ? SkyQ Skin V1.603 - Sky Q clone skin (Default Skin) , Thanks to the author chabs @latest-files.com **Many Thanks**
    ? Slyk Skin V5.1 - Sky HD clone skin, Thanks to the authorKiddac @slyk1hd.yolasite.com **Many Thanks**
    ? VSkinHD V1.1 - Virgin Media clone skin, Thanks to the author Kiddac @slyk1hd.yolasite.com **Many Thanks**
    ? SNP Glass PIcons Thanks to Annggel @WoS Forum **Many Thanks**
    ? Movie Organiser Thanks to Grog @Grog68.xyz **Many Thanks**
    ? USB Gift Importer - Press 'Help' to activated (FTP via PC/Filezilla Not Required anymore)

You must have 4gb USB drive or a larger USB drive permanently connected if you want to record programs and use the EPG, also the box connect by LAN to the internet.

Due to this been on DK forums, I won’t give instructions on how to install any lines, all I’ll say is Blue button and second option down then ask google.

OpenAtv 5.3 Stable Zgemma H series Only Dropbox download link below
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqr6qs459zd2mnq/Openatv5.3%20H%20series%20Backup%20Image.zip?dl=0
    Install Backup image
    1. On PC format USB drive to FAT32 (quick)
    2. Unzip ‘Openatv Backup image.zip’ image
    3. Transfer ‘zgemma’ folder to root of USB drive
    4. Insert USB into SAT box (Rear USB port) and Power on.
    5. Once ‘USB’ displayed on Box a quick press and release ‘standby’ button on box, this will then display ‘FLASH’
    6. Leave box, it should take 5 mins to flash then it will auto boot into BBC 1 HD

Set Up USB Hard drive for Recording/Time shift and EPG storage
    1. Remove USB Boot drive and Insert your Storage USB drive
    2. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Initialisation, Select your drive and format it
    3. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Ext3 to Ext4, Select your drive and change filesystem
    4. Reboot

AutoBuoquetsMaker (ABM) ie auto channel finder and favs maker
    ABM is already setup for the London Custom Area, with Adult channel/etc hidden .

If you wish to change Sky UK area from London or to unhid/hid Adult/etc then;
    Menu-setup-service searching-ABM-Update Config Files
    Menu-setup-service searching-ABM-Providers to the following;
    ? Sky UK Area- Scroll right to get ‘your area’ custom ie mine’s Scottish East Custom this will replace all none working HD channels with their working SD conterparts
    ? Menu-setup-service searching- ABM -Hide Bouquets tick/untick as required, green to save
    ? Menu-setup-service searching- ABM-Start Scan, this will add all the relevant channels for your area

Setting up EPG
    EPG is set to update at 00:01 daily, but the initial download needs to be carried out
    1. Menu-Setup-Epg-EpgImporter
    2. Press 'Yellow' then select 'Yes' (It does take a few seconds to start and the download will goto about 90k+ events)
    3. Ensure Menu-Setup-EPG-settings ‘EPG Location’ is correct ‘/media/hdd’, if says ‘internal’ scroll to ‘/media/hdd’
    4. Menu-Setup-EPG-load/save/delete – save EPG

**Remember for the EPG and Channel lists to Update daily the Zgemma needs to be in 'standby' at night**
    **If you prefer to turn the Zgemma fully off at night then Menu-Setup-Epg-Epgimport-config and set the update time to a time of your convenience during the day, else the EPG won't update'

System image & Plugin updates
    System & Plugin updates, I advise only need to be done whenever there is a problem with the Zgemma or if recommend by users on the forum. The majority of the time only major Autobouquetsmaker corrections need to be done ie a Lot of new channels appear and you haven't got them, just do this;
    Menu-setup-service searching-Autobouquetsmaker-Update Config Files then rescan

For a System update
    menu-setup-software management-software update.

Sky Q Skin
    1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg1_0_19_5208_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Slyk Skin
    NewEpG.jpginfobar.jpg

VM HD Skin
    EPG.jpg
    Last edited by martin035; 11th March, 2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: update 10 Mar 17

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

adeobolo (29th November, 2016), andytrev (24th August, 2016), anemeth (4th May, 2016), billy_m_1 (31st August, 2016), BONGOVR6 (13th July, 2016), chetsp (18th August, 2016), chris31560 (24th June, 2017), Dunner (27th May, 2017), Farscape1 (23rd September, 2016), fevgatos (16th July, 2016), glama (10th November, 2018), Hadron (20th April, 2016), happy_highlander (22nd July, 2016), hkphooey (24th September, 2016), holmesju (6th August, 2016), joe516 (15th April, 2016), kettle (1st May, 2017), khublaikhan (3rd May, 2016), P&D (27th December, 2016), port06 (6th February, 2017), pupuqiop (27th October, 2016), richard788jones (13th November, 2016), ridiscred (17th June, 2016), simon5389 (16th February, 2017), stezza10 (1st August, 2016), thetwistedsock (5th July, 2016), topsham (16th July, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Additional Instructions

Change Skins
    To Change the default SkyQ skin;

Menu-Setup-Usage&Gui-Skin Setup

Select whichever skin you want and click Yes to let the Zgemma reboot

Slyk HD skin (Orginal sky HD sky clone) change the following setting;
    File List-Menu-Settings and change 'Number of Rows' to '8'

Change SkyQ Toppick Pictures (EPG/FAV Pictures)
    Bored of the Sky Toppicks channel pictures, these can easily be changed. Press the 'Help' button then;

If Using the SkyQ skin
    1. Scroll to 'SkyQscrape.sh and Press Green, wait for script to say 'Finished'
    2. Scroll to 'SkyQpicks.sh' and press Green, wait for script to say 'Finished'
    3. Reboot Zgemma

If Using the Slyk Skin
    1. Scroll to 'Toppicks1.sh and Press Green, wait for script to say 'Finished'
    2. Scroll to 'Toppicks2.sh' and press Green, wait for script to say 'Finished'
    3. Reboot Zgemma

Automate the Toppicks picture change
    Menu-Info Panel-Cronmanger
    1. Green to add
    Run how often - scroll to 'Daily'
    Time to execute - set to 00:20 or a time of your choosing
    Command type - scroll to 'Predefined'
    Command to run - Scroll to 'SkyQscrape.sh' if you use SkyQ skin or 'Toppicks1.sh' if you Slyk Skin
    Red to Save
    2. Green to add
    Run how often - scroll to 'Daily'
    Time to execute - set to 00:22 (2 mins after Skqscrape/Toppicks1 time)
    Command type - scroll to 'Predefined'
    Command to run - Scroll to 'SkyQpicks.sh' if you use SkyQ skin or 'Toppicks2.sh' if you Slyk Skin
    Red to Save

MicroSD Card Users

I only use a 128gb MicroSD card for my storage, it requires a bit more to setup;
    1. Flash your Backup Inage and when the front display 'FLSH' changes to 'Boot' switch the box off with the white power switch on the back of the box.
    2. Remove your USB Drive and Insert your MicroSD Card and power up the Zgemma via the white power switch on the back of the box.
    3. Menu-setup-system-Storage devices-initialisation select your Micro SD card and Press Red
    4. Menu-Info Panel-Plugins-Mount Manager Press Yellow to Unmount your SD Card then Press Red to set as Hdd (your should see the mount change to /Media/hdd)
    5. Reboot
    6. As your Micro SD is now mounted as the system Hard drive, you shouldn't need to change any locations Recordings, crossepg or EPG (Crossepg will show /media/mmc*** that's OK)
    7. Carry on setting up your Zgemma using the guide at post#1 continuing from 'AutoBuoquetsMaker (ABM) ie auto channel finder and favs maker'

If your Zgemma Freezes during Step 3 Instialisation then you will have to Format it via a PC with SD card slot/adaptor, google 'Linux EXT4 format windows' or 'Minitool partition wizard' to get the required software.

Swapfile
    Also as the H series is a lot faster than an original series, I have decided to not use a swapfile for normal Satellite use, however, if using IPTV or Kodidirect would advice setting up a 64mb swap.

Alternate Picons
    The Glass Picons complement the SkyQ skin well, but if you want a different set of picons ie MK's colourful and bright set then do this;
    skypremiere.jpgskyspnewshq.jpg1_0_1_1134_7DC_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg1_0_1_132B_7E7_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

1. Download the picon.zip and unzip the folder
    Code:
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/picons-channel-icons/mk-220x132-snp-picons/
    2. Weed through the picon folder and remove all 'none working' HD picons, Incorrect referenced picons ie Animalplnt as the correct one is Animalplanet etc, Vmedia picons and picons for any bouquets you don't use ie if you dont use the 'Adult channels' remove all the 'named adult picons'. This will reduce the size of the picon folder, otherwise it will fill up your zgemma's internal flash with unwanted picons.
    3. FTP to zgemma's picon folder location /usr/share/enigma2/picon and delete all the files in that folder
    4. FTP over the picons in your already weed out picon folder to picon folder on the zgemma /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    5. reboot

IPTV for Zgemma

Via userbouquet.favourites.tv file
    1. FTP your userbouquet.favourites.tv file to /etc/enigma2
    2. Reboot Zgemma
    3. Press 'Fav' you will now see your new 'IPTV' folder

Via .m3u file
    1. Install Esettings+ in your PC and start Esettings+
    Code:
    http://www.esettingsplus.altervista.org/
    2. Click on Configure and change 'Language' to English and Configure your profile for your Zgemma ie IP address, user 'root' password leave blank, then press 'test connection' to see if all well, then close Config box
    3. Click on the 'Arrow up' box Read decoder
    4. In the Right Box, Right Click and select 'Insert Bouquet - TV' give it a name ie 'IPTV' and save
    5. In the main window scroll down to the last channel and right click 'IPTV Import (m3u)' press 'download' and select your .m3u on your PC
    6. Right Click on the first IPTV channel shown and click select 'Select IPTV Channels' the click 'Applies'
    7. All your IPTV channels will be added to the bottom off the main window, click 'IPTV' on the Top Right Bouquet window
    8. Then Drag all your 'IPTV' Channels to the bottom Right window
    9. Then Click the 'Arrow Down' box Write to Decoder
    10. Your Zgemma will Reboot, Press Fav and you will now see your new 'IPTV' bouquet

Kodidirect - kodi for E2 boxes

Kodidirect works OKish on the H series, so here's a guide to install it, would advise setting up a 64mb swapfile.

1. Menu-Info Panel-Plugins-Swapmanager
    Green to Create 64mb
    Red to Activate
    Yellow to Autostart
    2. Menu-plugins Green to download plugins and 'Extensions' and find 'Kodidirect' press ok to install
    3. Menu-Kodidirect to start Kodidirect and press green to install addons then 'install from kodidirect list'
    The following are my preferred addons and why, on installing an addons you might have to enter reenter kodidirect, just part of the install proceedure
    Movies-Exodus for your movies and TV boxsets
    TV-Ukturks for everything
    IPTV-phstreams (AKA Pheonix) for everything
    Sport-Sportsmix, Sportsdevil and Castway for all your sports streams

4. Once installed, restart Kodidirect and you should see all your new addon streams ready to access.

All these streams are free and can get hammered when live sports is on, so it can be hit or miss if it will work, one way around this is to use a paid for/subscription service ie Sportsmania
    1. Download the sportmania plugin for kodi
    Code:
    https://github.com/Willowsportsmania/SportsMania/tree/master/zips/plugin.video.sportsmania
    2. Unzip the folder and FTP the folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiDirect/plugins
    3. Start Kodidirect and enter sportmania and add your login details - details on how to get a login will be displayed on the Sportmania Icon, Don't ask me

Edit AutobouquetsMaker to Keep Custom channel changes on rescan

Moved a few channels to your liking then ABM on rescan but them back to default, have custom bouquets that won't update or just want to delete those duplicate Irish SS1-4 from the main 'Sports' Bouquet then these instructions are for you
    1. Unzip the attached and follow the how to guide.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by martin035; 10th November, 2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Change Toppick Pictures added

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

adeobolo (29th November, 2016), anemeth (4th May, 2016), baadboy (16th May, 2017), C64 (9th June, 2016), Dunner (27th May, 2017), Hadron (1st August, 2017), hkphooey (25th September, 2016), joe516 (15th April, 2016), johnnybutch (14th September, 2016), mak1 (23rd January, 2017), pupuqiop (27th October, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you Martin for the nice crisp image
    Could you let me know how to change the size of the box that appears when inputting a channel number
    Last edited by riley24; 19th April, 2016 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

thanks for this, have just taken a delivery of a h2s and will give this image a go

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riley24 View Post
    Thank you Martin for the nice crisp image
    Could you let me know how to change the size of the box that appears when inputting a channel number
    For the Newer Zgemma series ie H.s H.2s using chabs skyQ skin then;
    1. FTP the following file from your zgemma to your PC desktop /usr/share/enigma2/skyQ/skin.xml
    2. On your PC open skin.xml with an xml editer and find the following;
    <screen name="NumberZap" title="Channel" position="40,430" size="440,252" backgroundColor="transparent" flags="wfNoBorder" transparent="0" zPosition="-4">
    <ePixmap name="Number Zap" position="0,0" size="440,252" pixmap="SkyQ/Backgrounds/zap.png" zPosition="0" transparent="1" alphatest="blend" />
    <widget name="number" position="323,73" size="100,30" transparent="1" font="Bold; 24" valign="center" halign="right" backgroundColor="transpBlack" zPosition="2" foregroundColor="white" Wrap="1">
    </widget>
    <widget name="servicename" position="16,61" size="300,60" backgroundColor="transpBlack" transparent="1" font="Bold; 28" valign="center" halign="center" zPosition="2">
    </widget>
    <widget name="NowEventTitle" backgroundColor="transpBlack" halign="right" position="16,121" size="300,35" font="Regular; 24" noWrap="1" transparent="1" zPosition="3" />
    </screen>
    3. Change the Sizes and Positions to suit and save the skin.xml file
    4. FTP your new skin.xml file from your PC to your Zgemma /usr/share/enigma2/skyQ/
    5. Reboot
    Last edited by martin035; 19th April, 2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Forgot the reboot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome build. I just have one query? On my epg, when it is list 10 channels, I can only see 9 as the 10th channel is cut off. Any advice on how to make all 10 channels fit? Many thanks in advance

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simekwint View Post
    Awesome build. I just have one query? On my epg, when it is list 10 channels, I can only see 9 as the 10th channel is cut off. Any advice on how to make all 10 channels fit? Many thanks in advance
    Yes, that is a pain, unfortunately it's a skin coding error which chabs (author) knows about, he says he'll fix it in the next release, once he does I'll update the image.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

bangord30 (28th April, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for this. I have a new zgemma S2 box I want to remove the old image from it and add this one, for some reason though when I use the "factory reset" option the old image remains. I have tried inserting a new image using the USB method described above but my box doesn't pick up the USB, I have tried a few other sticks to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khublaikhan View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for this. I have a new zgemma S2 box I want to remove the old image from it and add this one, for some reason though when I use the "factory reset" option the old image remains. I have tried inserting a new image using the USB method described above but my box doesn't pick up the USB, I have tried a few other sticks to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated??
    This image is for the newer H series Zgemmas it won't work on a S2 box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Martin,

Thanks for the image, everything went well. But I have a problem with Sky Q skin. The Madiaplayer plugin does not work with this skin. When I try to load it, it just crashes OpenAtv and reboots.

I have the crash log, looks like couple of things are missing for the Madiaplayer (if you want I can post the crash log). When I switch to MatrixHD skin Madiaplayer work well.

Do you have a Mediaplayer working with Sky Q skin?

Thanks,

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
    Do you have a Mediaplayer working with Sky Q skin?

Thanks,
    No, and I need mediaplayer to play movies from my Network drive, hopefully chabs will release v1.3 to fix all the bugs in his skin. At present I'm testing kiddac's Vskin HD and found it better, so using that as my default skin now. Once Chabs releases V1.3 I will test it out and decide whether to change the image skin.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin035 View Post
    No, and I need mediaplayer to play movies from my Network drive, hopefully chabs will release v1.3 to fix all the bugs in his skin. At present I'm testing kiddac's Vskin HD and found it better, so using that as my default skin now. Once Chabs releases V1.3 I will test it out and decide whether to change the image skin.
    why dont u use plex as your mediaplayer ?
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to smirnoff_rules For This Useful Post:

martin035 (4th May, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,299 Posts

.........................................alive ...?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PremierD For This Useful Post:

adeobolo (29th November, 2016), smirnoff_rules (4th May, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    why dont u use plex as your mediaplayer ?
    TBH never thought of that, was using the default player via 'file list' button then changing the location to my network hard drive.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

just setup and try it . its great really install on your pc and add this ipk to your box

sent u a pm too on setup

always lerking PremierD
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 4th May, 2016 at 07:45 PM.
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smirnoff_rules For This Useful Post:

adeobolo (26th April, 2017), jimmyjazzz (9th July, 2016), lal123 (8th May, 2016), richard788jones (13th November, 2016)

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast