Tile Problem
Register

Thread: Tile Problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Tile Problem

Had bathroom tiled summer last year. In January noticed a big crack appeared on a floor tile. I contacted the tiler loads of times since then & he finally appeared. He has since then replace 3 tiles in that row as he noticed other hair line cracks. Got in from work and he has took chunks out other 2 tiles beside them (very noticeable). I then contacted him but he said there was nothing he could do as the tiles were so difficult to take off. He has blamed the joiner as he says that is what has caused the problem in the first place. Have now noticed tonight that the 3 tiles that were replaced there is no under floor heating. Any advice what to do hear guys?

Help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pl1976 For This Useful Post:

smokey08 (16th April, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Think the guy chopped the heating wires, cut your losses, start again.

guessing under floor heating been used before gobbo set and "moved" the tiles so uneven & crack

or floor moved? Are you a fat bloater?

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Did he use the proper tile adhesive? And did he lay ply board down before tiling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Make it properly , and make it once. After sometime building for myself i already understood that if we need something made with quality and attention to detail we must to make it ourselvs. My guess would be to the adesive , to save costs bought some cheap material. The adesive and joiners must to allow for the expansion and because it's getting warmer now the joints will be under stress . I always choose the materials , if in the end it will come bad it will be my responsability. Why don't you try to make the job by yourselv ? Read a bit about the joins , get a level and hands on work . You can make it .

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Is the bathroom up stairs ? if so you need to lay ply board down first before you tile plus use Adheasive that you mix "not ready mixed its shite". If the bathroom is down stairs it could be that he has left a void under some of the tiles which will cause the cracks and breaking best bet now is to cut your loses and start again .