Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Precoding PCF7936AS for Alfa 156 - 2005

Hi folks, I've searched the forum for help in understanding the immo chip for my alfa 156. I would like to be able to add a new key to my car (I have AlfaODB and KLL cable, so can program the immobiliser in the car with a new key). But my knowledge is low on what to do with the immobiliser chip. I see there are lots of virgin chips for sale, but I understand the chip needs to be pre-programmed for my particular model of Alfa regarding its immo protocol.

Is my understanding correct?

I'm not seeking to clone one of my existing immo chips - although that would be ok I guess.

What I would like to understand is what needs to be done to the PCF7936AS chip before I go programming it to my specific car.

Do people provide this service? Or do I need to buy specific equipment to do it (have no further need, so don't see that being something I want to do!)

There are lots of misleading info out there, so I'm hoping someone can help me become more educated - or provide a link where I can become more informed.

(I don't want to pay a dealer yet another fortune for a key if there are less costly approaches! The car is now 10 years old, so wasting money at dealers seems very counter productive - and there is no fun or learning in it. I'm retired, so this sort of thing keeps the brain active!!!)

TIA

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,973 Posts

Last edited by kiszka; 20th December, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiszka View Post
    you need to save a pin immo to the transponder, in then program the into the car
    Hi, I appreciate the reply, but I may need a little more information to understand the process and what I should ask before I buy a PCF7936AS chip from someone.

Could you be so kind as to elaborate further on your answer.

I have the 5 digit Pin for my car - is that the Pin you were referring to and is it coded into the chip in the key? If so, how? If not, what do I not understand (apart from lots of things - the older I get the more I don't know!).

TIA.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

New keys that you buy from a dealer a precoded when you order them special for your vehicle.
    Most people just ad a key by dump.
    I think a zebull clone, with effi 2.7.2 can do this.

There might be a way to make a dealer key, but i do not know how.

Maybe when you make a key with a dump key tool, like effi.
    Then this should become a dealer key for just that car! Dont write new dump to the car, but just learn this key in by obd.
    This key, made by dump, might be locked, and might not be programmeble anymore by obd!?!

You could try this!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob h View Post
    New keys that you buy from a dealer a precoded when you order them special for your vehicle.
    Most people just ad a key by dump.
    I think a zebull clone, with effi 2.7.2 can do this.

There might be a way to make a dealer key, but i do not know how.

Maybe when you make a key with a dump key tool, like effi.
    Then this should become a dealer key for just that car! Dont write new dump to the car, but just learn this key in by obd.
    This key, made by dump, might be locked, and might not be programmeble anymore by obd!?!

You could try this!
    No mate, zed bull and effi dont support Alfa Romeo 156 with ID46 key, there is only model up to 2001 with ID44 (pcf7935)...I didnt know that, just check myself
    Last edited by mikajna; 11th May, 2016 at 01:18 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

Does somebody know how to retrieve bytes for pcf7936 transponder programming from immo dump? Best regards guys

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Probably ISK key for pcf7936 is written in immo dump based on car pin. Knowing it transponder pages can be read and compared to data contained in immo dump.
    There should be data in user pages or PSW page which must match data in immo. This is only theory, system may work other way but this can be tested.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I didnt read anywhere you write that you put your original key into identification? 2005 year are you sure pcf7936 is into key, i made a lot alfa 2005 year and every transponder was id48....
    except 156 sportwagon was with 7936...
    regards
    Last edited by vlado kljucar; 11th May, 2016 at 10:21 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

Your immo box 606 73 131 holds a ST72334.
    These are also used in 166 types.
    No key maker can do these.

I found this solution: Or virginise engine ecu and connect old immobox (id33 or id44 black box).

I am sure that there should be a way to precode a new key yourself, ill hope you find out how it is done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vlado kljucar View Post
    I didnt read anywhere you write that you put your original key into identification? 2005 year are you sure pcf7936 is into key, i made a lot alfa 2005 year and every transponder was id48....
    except 156 sportwagon was with 7936...
    regards
    Hi, I must have a unique 2005 Alfa 156 - OR - australia got a different version.... Mine definitely has the 7936 immo transponder chip in the key FOB (as did the new one I got from the dealer). But lots of data says it has the id48 chip - which I can assure you it doesn't. Go figure????

So, am I stuck with going to a dealer for another key or is there a way I can get/ program a virgin 7936 to suit my car?

(As an aside, my key fob has slightly different internals - e.g the battery holder has the metal wipe fingers for the -ve connection to the pcb on it as opposed to the metal fingers being attached to the pcb. Anyone know why? Seems all the aftermarket replacement fobs (China?) don't look like mine for the internal detail - and I would like to get a new case - suggestions for what to do??