Replacement For My Samsung Tab S 10-inch Tablet?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Replacement For My Samsung Tab S 10-inch Tablet?

My nephew was playing with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S recently and accidentally ended up dropping it from his bunk bed onto the side table where the screen got a humongous crack in it. The tablet had handled several falls and scrapes in the past, coming out relatively unscathed. It's never had any running issues and has served me very well over the last 18 months or so. I was definitely a little upset to find out it had been smashed. I hadn't been planning on getting a replacement anytime soon but now my hand has been forced. I was wondering if there are any good android tablets out there that come recommended? Personally, I'm not an apple fan so iPads are out of the question. I either need to go all out and get the latest one or I might just get another Tab S at a cut price as I know it does the job very nicely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Get another tabS, the S2is no better unless you want a squarer screen, I bought the tabS 8" version because it was cheaper and had better battery life than the tabS2 8";

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yawotm8 View Post
    My nephew was playing with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S recently and accidentally ended up dropping it from his bunk bed onto the side table where the screen got a humongous crack in it. The tablet had handled several falls and scrapes in the past, coming out relatively unscathed. It's never had any running issues and has served me very well over the last 18 months or so. I was definitely a little upset to find out it had been smashed. I hadn't been planning on getting a replacement anytime soon but now my hand has been forced. I was wondering if there are any good android tablets out there that come recommended? Personally, I'm not an apple fan so iPads are out of the question. I either need to go all out and get the latest one or I might just get another Tab S at a cut price as I know it does the job very nicely. Found a site that does used goods for sale and found some second-hand original Tab S's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbob46 View Post
    Get another tabS, the S2is no better unless you want a squarer screen, I bought the tabS 8" version because it was cheaper and had better battery life than the tabS2 8";
    That has been the opinion I've been getting from reading the reviews. After how good the Tab S was I thought that the next installment would make some bigger leaps but it seems to have gone a bit sideways. Would have thought there would be more competition on the market too but it seems that maybe the Tab S is still the best bet for the money. Think I'll just grab one of those either new or hardly used.

sgts.jpg
    Last edited by yawotm8; 14th May, 2016 at 03:50 PM.