Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Corsa 04 1.3 cdti

Hi Guys i am looking for a bit info my daughter bought a Corsa from an auction without keys so she paid a locksmith to programme a new key.He said once it was programmed it started and cut out right away and wouldn't restart.I plugged my Autocom in and got these codes
    U2108 - CAN: No communication with ABS/TC
    P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Input
    P0100 - Mass air flow sensor circuit low input
    P0400 - EGR valve
    P1614 - Immobiliser wrong signal
    Immobiliser (Immobiliser - Immobiliser 2 - Without Alarm)
    DTC Description
    B3059 - Request engine
    - no signal
    I phoned him up as the spanner light was solid which i thought was immobilised so he came and programmed another ID40 chip but still the same
    Is it a problem with the ECU or ring decoder that is stopping the signal or is the Request engine fault code the problem and what does it mean
    Is there anything i can check to help her get it sorted i also have a opcom and security number with key pin from locksmith incase he used poor quality ID40 chips
    Any help or pointer greatly appreciated
    Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Hi,try to see ALL fuses first.
    "Low input signals",measure values on sensors
    "Immobiliser (Immobiliser - Immobiliser 2 - Without Alarm)
    DTC Description
    B3059 - Request engine
    - no signal" Check values on ecu plug + , - and + ignition

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to synkrotronic For This Useful Post:

ibratex (12th June, 2016), sweeper (22nd May, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi thanks for your reply i am going to have a look at it tomorrow i will have to get it towed back as it's 25 miles from home.When you say check values do you mean resistance or voltage on fuses and plugs
    Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    Hi thanks for your reply i am going to have a look at it tomorrow i will have to get it towed back as it's 25 miles from home.When you say check values do you mean resistance or voltage on fuses and plugs
    Thanks
    All sensors including cam should have a 5v reference voltage, check that first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to autoden For This Useful Post:

ibratex (12th June, 2016)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

You need to clear the codes,then see what comes back.
    If the car was immobilsed the spanner light would flash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi sorry for late reply i haven't been able to get near the car as been away on holiday today i plugged op-com in.Cleared all the codes only 2 returned p0340 camshaft position sensor and b3059 request engine no signal i can communicate with all modules except instrument panel and info entertainment system radio doesn't light up same with autocom reader as well.Tomorrow i will check all voltage on fuses and ecu + before and after ignition also check radio wiring for breaks to see if it is linked.All the lights on the dash work but spanner light remains solid a couple of times when i cleared the codes it went out when cranking the engine
    any other ideas on what to check
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Opcom 1.39 would connect to instruments.

Both errors would cause engine not to start. You need to figure out, is the camshaft sensor gone, cabling, ecu, or the mechanical part where the sensor reads.

B3059 you have been correctly advised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi i have 2 op-com machines both open up the page for instruments but nothing is highlighted all the functions are greyed out i did downgrade the firmware to 1.39.I measured the connections on the ECU Engine control (ec)relay pin A4/A5/A6/A80 and B5 all read 0v ignition on or off supposed to be 11-14v ignition on not checked cam sensor yet.I have checked all voltage on fuses + and after ignition all are fine also checked engine control relay the engine has a high pitch squeak until you pull the control relay which i thought it means receiving power
    Any other things i can check or run a temp wire to start the motor
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    Hi Guys i am looking for a bit info my daughter bought a Corsa from an auction without keys so she paid a locksmith to programme a new key.He said once it was programmed it started and cut out right away and wouldn't restart.I plugged my Autocom in and got these codes
    U2108 - CAN: No communication with ABS/TC
    P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Input
    P0100 - Mass air flow sensor circuit low input
    P0400 - EGR valve
    P1614 - Immobiliser wrong signal
    Immobiliser (Immobiliser - Immobiliser 2 - Without Alarm)
    DTC Description
    B3059 - Request engine
    - no signal
    I phoned him up as the spanner light was solid which i thought was immobilised so he came and programmed another ID40 chip but still the same
    Is it a problem with the ECU or ring decoder that is stopping the signal or is the Request engine fault code the problem and what does it mean
    Is there anything i can check to help her get it sorted i also have a opcom and security number with key pin from locksmith incase he used poor quality ID40 chips
    Any help or pointer greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    I know it has been a long time since i updated this thread but i have not been able to do anything to the car through illness and family problems but anyway i changed the camshaft sensor and a full ECU kit
    Still wont start camshaft code still comes back after cranking engine an immobiliser wrong signal i have ordered some new id40 chips so i will programme one when they arrive any other thing to check as it seems weird to have the same codes with 2 different Ecu kits
    Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

The possible reason the boxes were grayed out could be no comms with instruments. Push lightly on clocks face as there is a fixed plug at the rear which suffers from poor connection. If you pull clocks out you will see what i mean. No comms with instruments will give a non start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

After putting the new ECU kit in i can read all the modules and i can also extract the pin which told me that the immo had 5 keys programmed so i had to delete the keys so i can programme a new one.I also thought that it was same idea as Renault you can still add your old key back to the bsi but not with Vauxhall its just weird that 2 different ECU kits give you wrong immobiliser signal and camshaft sensor even after being replaced
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have now programmed a new key still not starting but immo light out.I still get codes P0340 camshaft position sensor signal low (new sensor) and B3059 Request engine no signal which were 2 of the codes i got wit other ECU Kit
    Anything else i should check
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

your problem is caused by a defective wiring harness. do also check all ground points for corrosion. open them, clean them up and refit them.