IBM ThinkPad T30 Atmel dump or help with CRC?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default IBM ThinkPad T30 Atmel dump or help with CRC?

Hey I got a T30 laptop where I got a new Atmel chip as replacement to the one that was missing. I tried to edit a ThinkPad X40 dump and push onto the Atmel chip but I run into a CRC1 error. Can anyone help?

I've used an external programmer to write FF to the APP table prior to writing. Perhaps someone has a proper T30 dump that I can use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steambeer View Post
    Hey I got a T30 laptop where I got a new Atmel chip as replacement to the one that was missing. I tried to edit a ThinkPad X40 dump and push onto the Atmel chip but I run into a CRC1 error. Can anyone help?

I've used an external programmer to write FF to the APP table prior to writing. Perhaps someone has a proper T30 dump that I can use?
    So it turns out the T30 has a completely different format to the 24rf08 EEP file than the later systems. I found tons of T61/T400/X40 files that all looked similar thus I couldn't believe the CRC1 error. Turns out someone was nice enough to send over a T30 file and BOOM works now. If you try and edit the file with SVP tool or even in hex the locations of some of the system type and what not are different.

Attaching the T30 file for others.T30_BLUNT.ZIP Rename .zip to .bin for flash (not really a zip)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steambeer View Post
    So it turns out the T30 has a completely different format to the 24rf08 EEP file than the later systems. I found tons of T61/T400/X40 files that all looked similar thus I couldn't believe the CRC1 error. Turns out someone was nice enough to send over a T30 file and BOOM works now. If you try and edit the file with SVP tool or even in hex the locations of some of the system type and what not are different.

Attaching the T30 file for others.T30_BLUNT.ZIP Rename .zip to .bin for flash (not really a zip)
    can it to repair error 0188?