Mercedes diagnostic tools
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Mercedes diagnostic tools

Hello,

I want to expand my garage to cover MB cars, but I have no idea what equipment i need to diagnose them... Typical work means change injector coding, clear errors, etc. Match immobilizer (if possible) Change ECU etc.

I have read about Xentry, Das, MB Star but there are so much information out there

What tools do you recommend ? Can someone tell me the biggeste differences between these tools?

Thanks a lot in advance

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

These are all basically the same thing.. this is dealer level equipment.. just have to decide on which interface to purchase c3, c4 or c5 if you have a big enough budget and wanna do the latest cars out..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Music73 For This Useful Post:

technic (25th May, 2016)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    902 Posts

not only that, there is also no manuel for star/xentry device.
    so to learn work with it is to test on car.
    and if it break then your scr..d.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts

True, BUT that kind of equipment is NOT intended to be used by anyone, but only by qualified and trained professionals.....and they do not make mistakes easy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gavra For This Useful Post:

lush29 (3rd December, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Mercedes Xentry has simulation programs that do not need vehicle to use it for learning.

if you want to buy a scanner for mercedes, best buy is "good quality" SD Connect (aka C4).
    The price is around euro 600. A good quality one is very important, usually doesn't use serial 101044 .
    don't buy fake C5 (SD Connect with C5 case). it is use bad quality C4 boards.

Part D (aka C3) can be used to diagnose up to 2012 for passenger car and don't wise to buy it.
    Xentry Connect (aka C5) is very expensive.
    Last edited by pesona; 30th May, 2016 at 01:30 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pesona For This Useful Post:

cqae (30th May, 2016), Cyber78 (30th December, 2017), Krittanu (25th July, 2016), maybach_ (15th October, 2017), technic (12th June, 2016)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I heave also question about Merc cars.Is it about autocom is enyone got sucessfly connect this device to Sprinter 2.9 td Msa ecu because I can't get connection in this car I heave genuine autocom and clone and both work fine with other cars?
    Please dear members push the button if my work was helpfull!

And reputation button(star)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys!

I am new here, and I have a thing I was thinking about. I have a w124 0m606, but do not know if there is diagnostic system in this car. It is from 94. I do not see any connections inside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has one but it is under the bonnet with a small rectangle shaped plug. 16 pin.You can buy or make a blink code reader for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I am quit knew to key programing and obd diadnosis/ ecu reset, but I have vast experience in odometre correction at eprom level. can some assist me on the right tool to buy that can cover a number of cars on key programming with eprom programing.

Hello I am quit knew to key programing and obd diagnosis/ ecu reset, but I have vast experience in odometre correction at eprom level. can some assist me on the right tool to buy that can cover a number of cars on key programming with eprom programing. I need all knowledge I can lay my hands on .
    - How and where to locate immo chip
    - what type of keys i can use for different type of cars
    - how to programme transponder and keyless/ smart keys
    and many other information i may have not included. iam very good at electronics so that wont be a problem.
    contacts : whatsapp +260977615007, skype gerald.ngoma and email gtngoma@yahoo.co.uk
    regards Gerald

Hello I am quit knew to key programing and obd diadnosis/ ecu reset, but I have vast experience in odometre correction at eprom level. can some assist me on the right tool to buy that can cover a number of cars on key programming with eprom programing.

Hello I am quit knew to key programing and obd diagnosis/ ecu reset, but I have vast experience in odometre correction at eprom level. can some assist me on the right tool to buy that can cover a number of cars on key programming with eprom programing. I need all knowledge I can lay my hands on .
    - How and where to locate immo chip
    - what type of keys i can use for different type of cars
    - how to programme transponder and keyless/ smart keys
    and many other information i may have not included. iam very good at electronics so that wont be a problem.
    contacts : whatsapp +260977615007, skype gerald.ngoma and email gtngoma@yahoo.co.uk
    regards Gerald

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

buy original tango and you can make allot there are also pictures from immobox in discription it realy works great this tool is not wasted money

14. The Following User Says Thank You to schouten1977 For This Useful Post:

pitake (4th May, 2018)